How to Cook Yummy The Masoor Dal curry (Lentil Soup)
The Masoor Dal curry (Lentil Soup). Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. For the Chaunk: Heat the oil in a small skillet over high heat and add the mustard and cumin seeds. Reduce the heat to medium-high and add the chilies, garlic and ginger.
Masoor tadka dal is a delicious Indian lentil curry made with red lentils. It's easy to make, flavorful, and healthy as well as naturally vegan and gluten free! Dal (also spelled dhal or daal) is one of the most versatile, healthy, filling, and delicious meals. You can have The Masoor Dal curry (Lentil Soup) using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of The Masoor Dal curry (Lentil Soup)
- You need 1 of To pressure cook.
- You need 3/4 cup of masoor dal.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of asafoetida powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of fennel seed powdered.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cumin seed powdered.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 2 of To Garnish.
- Prepare 1 number of green chilli pepper slitted.
- Prepare 2 numbers of tomato chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of chopped ginger.
- Prepare 2 tsps of chopped garlic.
- You need 1 number of onions diced.
- You need 2 tsps of coriander leaves chopped.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper ground.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 2 tbsps of sunflower oil.
- Prepare 2 numbers of clove.
- It’s 2 numbers of cardamom.
- Prepare 1 number of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
Dry roast the cumin seeds, corriander seeds and peppercons. Whisk dal to amalgamate lentils and sweet potatoes. If dal is too soupy, increase heat and cook for a little longer. To serve, place dal in a serving bowl and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
The Masoor Dal curry (Lentil Soup) instructions
- Wash the dal. Add the ingredients 1 to pressure cooker. Keep it in medium flame..
- After the first whistle, keep for another 8 minutes in low flame. Switch it off and wait until the full pressure is released..
- Meanwhile, you can prepare the garnish..
- First, put the pan on the stove. Pour oil. When hot, add clove, cardamom, cinnamon, onion, garlic, ginger, chilli..
- Saute it until onion turn transparent and soft. Add the Masala mix and stir till the aroma of the masala comes out..
- To it add the tomatoes, stir until it is soft and the juices evapourate..
- Add a pinch of salt. Note that you have already added salt in pressure cooked ingredients. So add salt accordingly..
- To the pressure cooked dal, add the garnish and bring it to boil. Add coriander leaves..
- Now it is ready to be served. It goes well with Chapathi/roti/basmati rice..
If desired, shave thin strips of fresh coconut on top. The Best Brown Lentil Dahl Recipes on Yummly If you want a quick and satisfying vegan dinner for weeknights, you have come to the right place. A creamy Red Lentil Dahl which is comforting, hearty, flavorful, and delicious. The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, healthy, and easy to make.