How to Prepare Tasty Seaweed Soup with Beef (Myeok Guk)
Seaweed Soup with Beef (Myeok Guk). Beef brisket, fish sauce, garlic, seaplant, sesame oil, water. Home » Recipes » Miyeok Guk (Beef Seaweed Soup). As I explained in my miyeok guk with mussels post, this staple soup also is the soup that new moms eat for the first few weeks after giving birth because of the nutrients contained in miyeok that help with recovery and the production of.
It's easy to make and tastes Try this light, healthy, and nutritious Korean seaweed soup – Miyeok guk recipe. It's very easy to make and comes with many benefits! Hello, Today i'm making miyeok guk (seaweed soup) , a korean traditional soup. You can have Seaweed Soup with Beef (Myeok Guk) using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Seaweed Soup with Beef (Myeok Guk)
- Prepare 25 gr of Dried Seaweed.
- It’s 2,4 liter of water (depends on how you like the soup brooth).
- You need 5 tbs of fish sauce.
- Prepare 200 gr of Beef.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- It’s of Sesame oil.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
It is a custom to eat this soup on birthdays and just adter giving birth. I had my seaweed soup with wholesome brown rice and my Bachelor Kimchi which goes so well with this soup. The flavor of the broth is just so comforting and delicious, and the beef is so tender. Miyeok Gook or Miyeok Guk is Korean Seaweed Soup made from dried sea kelp.
Seaweed Soup with Beef (Myeok Guk) step by step
- Soak the seaweed in the water and wait for 30 min till the seaweed grows, then rinse and cut into small pieces.
- Put the seaweed to saucepan, add water and cook with medium heat for about 20 mins. Add the water if the soup broth is too thick.
- Cut the beef into small pieces, and put the beef with minced garlic to soup broth and cook with medium heat for about 20-25 mins. Turn off the heat then.
- Add the fish sauce, sesame oil and salt to the soup, stir and the soup is ready to serve. Eat while its hot. Better to eat with rice.
Traditionally, also served to new moms to help them recover from childbirth. I grew up eating beef Miyeok Gook too but in the last few years I found that it kind of takes away the wonderful and delicate flavor of the seaweed. Beef & Sea Mustard Guk. 소고기 미역국, SoGoGi MiYeok Guk. MiYeok Guk is a popular Korean soup. Sea mustard has good nutrition in it.