Egg drop soup. Growing up, my family had a tradition of eating lunch at our local. Egg drop soup (Chinese: 蛋花湯; pinyin: Dànhuātāng) is a Chinese soup of wispy beaten eggs in boiled chicken broth. Condiments such as black or white pepper.
I didnt use the cornstarch or food coloring and I used green onion instead of chives. All Reviews for Egg Drop Soup (Better than Restaurant Quality!) Egg drop soup makes me think of her every time I see it, and it's a soup I turn to when I need something light, comforting, and warm. Here's how you can make it at home. You can cook Egg drop soup using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Egg drop soup
- Prepare 6 cups of water.
- You need 6 of bouillon cubes chicken.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- You need To taste of black pepper.
- It’s of Chopped mushrooms (optional).
- You need of Chopped green onions (optional).
This Egg Drop Soup is a healthy Chinese broth based soup made with eggs, chicken broth, cornstarch, and green onions. This soup is always a highlight for me when we go out to eat! I love the simplicity of it and all the flavors! Looking at it and seeing the ingredients for this soup, you would be.
Egg drop soup instructions
- Add the bouillon chicken cubes while the water is boiling. Let it dissolve all the way..
- If you're using mushrooms go ahead and put those in while the water is boiling. About 2-3 minutes until reduced in size..
- In a small bowl whisk together the two eggs. Turn boiling mix off and stir the mixture with a fork. Pour the egg on the fork to make it ribbon while the water is spinning. **if you want bigger chunks, turn a spoon to the side and let the egg harden that way.
- Pour in the soy sauce creating a light brown color. Then sprinkle pepper and mix well..
- Pour the soup into a bowl and garnish with green onions..
How to thicken egg drop soup? If you prefer a thicker texture try adding starch to the soup. Egg drop soup is my favorite soup to eat when I have a cold. Classic chicken soup is great too, but the addition of eggs makes this one so nourishing. And the Asian flavors are just wonderful and can.