Recipe: Appetizing Chicken Sopas (Filipino chicken soup)
Chicken Sopas (Filipino chicken soup). Chicken Sopas is the ultimate comfort food! With chicken, macaroni, vegetables, hot dogs, and flavorful broth, this Filipino-style soup is creamy, delicious, and the best way to warm up on cold winter days. This Creamy Chicken Sopas Recipe makes use of boneless chicken breasts and hot dogs.
The hotdogs are nice to have. It also helps makes the dish look colorful and festive. It's not just any soup (or sopas, the Tagalog word for soup). You can cook Chicken Sopas (Filipino chicken soup) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Sopas (Filipino chicken soup)
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of medium chopped onions.
- Prepare 1 lb of chicken.
- Prepare 2 cups of cabbage.
- It’s 1 of small carrot, diced.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of elbow macaroni.
It's chicken sopas, chicken macaroni soup Filipino style. It's hot and humid in the Philippines (ahhh humidex) but we love our sopas. Creamy, filling and made with simple ingredients, it's comfort food at its best. How to make chicken sopas recipe Chicken Macaroni Sopas is a rich chicken noodle soup dish that I really enjoy having during cold weather, or even on an ordinary day — usually in the mid afternoon.
Chicken Sopas (Filipino chicken soup) instructions
- Boil chicken until cooked. When cooked, shred chicken meat and reserve chicken stock..
- Sauté onions and garlic until soft.
- Add carrots and macaroni and the chicken stock. Bring to a boil..
- When the macaroni is 75% cooked add the shredded chicken and simmer for 5 mins..
- Put the cabbage and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
I have had chicken macaroni sopas ever since I was a kid. This soup has been my favorite; I remember having this every afternoon as some sort of snack. Sopas is a Filipino noodle soup that is cooked in a creamy broth with milk. It normally cooked with a medley of vegetables like carrots, bell pepper, celery, and cabbage. This is just basic, potatoes, green peas, and other vegetables can also be added.