Recipe: Delicious Taiwanese Braised Beef Noodle Soup
Taiwanese Braised Beef Noodle Soup. Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup is a perfect orchestration of tender beef, a rich and slightly spicy broth, fresh noodles, a little bok choy, and that absolutely necessary fistful of Chinese pickled mustard greens and fresh scallions and cilantro. Here's how to make it in an instant pot pressure cooker or on your stove. Remove the meat from the pot, rinse in cold water, and cut into thick slices.
Beef noodle soup is a noodle soup made of stewed or red braised beef, beef broth, vegetables and Chinese noodles. It exists in various forms throughout East and Southeast Asia. The Clear Broth Beef noodle soup was allegedly invented by the Hui people during the Tang dynasty and is commonly known as Lanzhou beef noodle soup. You can have Taiwanese Braised Beef Noodle Soup using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Taiwanese Braised Beef Noodle Soup
- You need 2.5 kg of boneless beef finger ribs.
- It’s 1 of medium onion.
- You need 1 of red chili.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 8 slices of peeled ginger.
- You need 2 stalks of green onion.
- You need 1 of medium tomato.
- It’s 1 bag of seasoning for stewing 滷包 (star anise, clove, cinnamon, and nutmeg).
- You need 2 tbsp of spicy chilli bean paste.
- It’s 1 spoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 spoon of rice wine.
- You need of Some pepper powder for seasoning.
- It’s of Some cooking oil (vegetable oil or canola oil works fine).
- Prepare of Noodles to serve.
The Sichuan beef noodle soup or Red-braised beef noodle soup. Then cook some noodles (Any type of noodles will go well with that delicious braised beef. Sometimes I use rice noodle, sometimes I use mong bean noodle. Today I am using my hand-made egg noodles.
Taiwanese Braised Beef Noodle Soup instructions
- Cut the beef into cubes of about 5 cm. I have also used different types of beef to make the beef noodles as finger ribs are not always available. I have used stewing beef (too lean and falls apart) and also beef flank (too fatty) before..
- Slice the onions, chop the chilli and green onions into smaller segments, slice the garlic and ginger, and chop the tomato..
- Heat up some water to blanch the cubes of beef..
- Boil just enough water to cover the beef in another pot with half of the green onion and ginger, and bag of seasoning. After boiling, place the cubes of beef into the pot and add the rice wine. Boil for about 3 minutes, take the beef out and set aside. Keep the remaining liquid and its contents..
- Warm up some oil in a wok and stir fry the onions, chilli, garlic, tomatoes, and the rest of the green onions and ginger. Then add the spicy chilli bean paste and the blanched beef from the previous step. Mix well..
- Add the remaining liquid and its contents from step 4 to the wok followed by soy sauce and pepper powder, boil, and simmer with lid on low heat for 2.5 hours. You can also use a pressure cooker to shorten the cooking time..
- Serve with cooked noodles..
Jason had his first authentic Taiwanese beef noodle soup when we went to Taiwan and he. There are many different types of niu rou mian (牛肉麵), or beef noodle soup, in Taiwan. One of the most common types, hong shao (紅燒) is often translated as red-braised because of the. Place noodles, bok choy and beef in bowls, pour over hot broth, adding more water to taste if necessary. Note • To skin a tomato, cut a small cross at the base, cover with boiling water and sit.