Korean Napa Cabbage Soup – Baechuguk. The doenjang based soup made with napa cabbage (baechu) especially popular during late fall when napa cabbages are abundant during kimjang season when Koreans make a large amount of kimchi for upcoming winter. Korean home cooks usually save the water. Dried anchovies, flour, garlic, green chili pepper, napa cabbage, soybean paste, water.
Use an ample amount of the large, thick outer leaves. They cook down quite a bit, but hold up pretty well to hours of. This cabbage soup (Baechu Dwenjang Guk) made with Korean fermented soybean paste (deonjang/dwenjang) is the ultimate comfort food for Koreans. You can have Korean Napa Cabbage Soup – Baechuguk using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Korean Napa Cabbage Soup – Baechuguk
- You need of Napa Cabbage cut into large chunks.
- It’s of Soybean paste (miso paste).
- It’s of Water.
- You need of Hot pepper powder (optional).
- You need of Green onions (optional).
Cabbage Soybean Paste Soup (배추된장국 Baechu Doenjang Guk). Korean miso cabbage soup is a healthy, low-fat food that is rich in nutrients and tasty to boot. You can choose the level of spiciness you This cabbage soup is not often found in restaurants but is a staple in Korean households. Healthy, low-fat, and rich in nutrients.
Korean Napa Cabbage Soup – Baechuguk instructions
- Boil water in a sauce pan.
- Add a good spoon of soybean paste and mix to dilute it.
- Add the cabbage.
- Let the soup simmer a bit until the cabbage gets soft.
- (Optional) Add some hot pepper powder for some spicy punch (black pepper is fine too).
- (Optional) Add some chopped green onions on top for some color and additional taste.
Napa or nappa cabbage (Brassica rapa subsp. pekinensis or Brassica rapa Pekinensis Group) is a type of Chinese cabbage originating near the Beijing region of China, and is widely used in East Asian cuisine. When the soup starts to boil again, add the Napa cabbage and onion. If you do not want a strong anchovy flavor in your soup. How to make fresh and lightened napa cabbage kimchi salad (Baechu Geotjeori). Though Baechu Geotjeori is normally made with an intention to consume within a day or two in a typical Korean household, if you can't finish it all like that, just put the remainder.