How to Prepare Delicious Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup
Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup. If you like my Thai Curry Vegetable Soup, you're going to love this one as well. It has a similar flavor profile, but a little sweeter (naturally), a little lighter, and You only need a few ingredients to make this light and satisfying Thai Coconut Curry Carrot Soup. It's a creamy, a little sweet, a little spicy, and a.
This curried carrot soup is perfect for a lunch or a light dinner along with some bread and a side salad, or a first course for a dinner party. Carrots, sweet potato, and warming Thai curry blended with an unexpected ingredient—almond butter—made it a sweet and spicy, rich soup. I wish it could say it cured me for good (if only soup could), but it definitely made me feel better that evening. You can cook Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup
- It’s 3 ounces of oil.
- Prepare 1 of each Vidalia onion-small dice.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic- chopped fine.
- You need 2 tablespoons of ginger- chopped fine.
- Prepare 3 pounds of small carrots- small dice (chopping up small in a food processor works well).
- It’s 2 ounces of flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 quarts of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 can (14 ounces) of coconut milk.
- It’s 1-2 tablespoon of Thai Red Curry Paste (Warning some are spicier than others:).
- It’s 3-4 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare of (this needs salt, sweet and spice so each varies to taste).
And the next morning, when I heated up. Delicious Thai Carrot Soup with Coconut Milk, combines carrots and pumpkin with Thai curry, coconut and coconut milk. This Thai Carrot Soup is perfect Fall soup, with lots of carrots and pumpkin (fresh or puree). There's a nice challenge in staring into a less than sufficiently stocked refrigerator Last night we were down to not much more than carrots Thus: them If not, wait until the soup cools slightly, and purée in a food processor.
Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup instructions
- In a pot add the oil and sweat the onions in the stock pot for 5-10 minutes covered Med heat until translucent.
- Add the, chopped garlic and ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and dust with all the flour, stirring in for 1 minute..
- Add the chicken stock in pot and bring to a simmer for about 20 minutes. (Check to make sure the carrots are tender).
- When the carrots are tender the soup should be carefully purred in a blender or food processor. This should be done in small batches and covered with a towel as not to spray hot soup all over you..
- Return to the sauce pan and add 1 can of coconut milk and red curry paste and bring to a light simmer..
- Adjust the seasoning with red curry paste, salt and brown sugar..
- Basil,cilantro, scallions or bacon bits are all tasty things to add as a garnish..
Add enough coconut milk (and a little more stock or water if necessary) to bring. Stir in the coconut milk and the honey, then puree using an immersion (stick) blender, or in several batches in a regular blender (if using the latter, remove the center knob of the lid so steam can escape, and place a paper towel over the opening to. Wow now this is a must try. Enjoy 😉 You're interested in learning more about Young living essential oils for cooking or otherwise. Turn the heat off and remove the pot from the hot stove top to facilitate cooling (to another area on the stove is fine).