How to Make Perfect Easy Egg Drop Soup
Easy Egg Drop Soup. Heat chicken broth and green onions in a large pot over medium-high heat. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil over medium heat. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into broth.
The more you stir the smaller the egg 'drops' will be. Onion salt is really yummy here! Slowly stir the paste into the chicken stock before adding the eggs. You can cook Easy Egg Drop Soup using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Egg Drop Soup
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth or stock.
- Prepare 2-3 tbs of cornstarch (based on how thick you like it).
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- It’s 2 of green onions – sliced on a bias (optional).
- It’s 1 tsp of Sesame oil (optional).
Proceed with the rest of the directions. Delicious and Easy Egg Drop Soup recipe that tastes just like the restaurant version. Now you can make and enjoy one of your favorite Asian recipes at home with this tasty soup. If you've ever had a meal at an Asian restaurant, you know they include all kinds of sides and appetizers with the main dish— egg rolls , fried rice , and some egg.
Easy Egg Drop Soup step by step
- In a medium sauce pan wisk together chicken broth, cornstarch, ginger, and turmeric. Bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Stirring frequently. While broth is heating up, wisk eggs together in a separate bowl. Set aside..
- When broth simmers reduce heat to medium low. Slowly begin stirring in a circular motion. As you stir, slowly drizzle in beaten eggs to form into "ribbons". If using green onions, stir in two thirds of the slices immediately after eggs..
- Turn heat to low and let soup sit 2 minutes. Drizzle in sesame oil if using and stir to combine. Dish up and garnish with remaining green onions to serve..
- Note: For thinner egg ribbons continue stirring with the wisk when adding eggs. For thicker ribbons switch to a wooden spoon..
Making these soups during the winter months would help warm up the kitchen as we started our day, and, oftentimes, I would have a small cup of wonton soup broth or egg drop soup to start the day. Then a delicious batch of egg drop soup can simmering on the stove and ready to be served in no time. Stir the salt, ginger and chives into the saucepan, and bring to a rolling boil. It's easy to keep the ingredients for this Egg Drop Soup recipe always stocked up to be able to whip it up for a quick lunch or light dinner. Sometimes I like to add a bit of sriracha hot sauce to spice things up a bit, because need all the help I can get to tackle those boxes.