Recipe: Yummy No fuss wonton soup
No fuss wonton soup. These wontons are filled with a juicy pork and prawn / shrimp filling and will knock your socks off. If you've ever had store bought frozen wontons or wontons from a good value Chinese place that probably uses frozen wontons, you will be amazed how. This wonton noodle soup recipe is comforting as it is authentic.
Here you'll find my favourite fuss-free vegan recipes. You might be surprised to hear that the moment. Using your finger, wet the edges of wonton wrapper with water. You can cook No fuss wonton soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of No fuss wonton soup
- You need 10 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of toasted sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 of shallot, chopped.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1 of thumb-sized knob ginger, chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium carrot, chopped.
- It’s 500 g of lean ground pork.
- You need 2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 2 of ribs celery, chopped.
- Prepare 1 package of premade wonton wrappers.
Place half a tablespoon of pork filling in the center of the wonton wrapper. These Hong Kong style wonton noodles are packed with firm shrimp in a savory seafood broth. Including my secret for making your shrimp shuǎng cuì. Hong Kong style wonton soup always has noodles, but it may vary by region.
No fuss wonton soup step by step
- Put your largest pot on medium-high heat. Add the chicken stock and sesame oil and bring to a simmer..
- In a food processor, pulse the shallot, garlic, ginger and carrot until finely cut. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl..
- Add the pork, oyster sauce, soy sauce, egg and several grinds of black pepper to the bowl of veg. Use your hands to knead everything together. Form small meatballs (about half the size of golf balls) and drop them carefully into the broth. Don't stir for a few minutes; the meatballs have to set. It should take about 10 minutes to cook. Do the meatballs in batches if your pot isn't big enough..
- When you get to the last batch of meatballs, add the celery to the pot. Take half the package of wonton wrappers and, using kitchen scissors, cut them into thirds. Separate the wonton strips and drop them into the soup. Let simmer 5 more minutes then serve..
As for pork, it's sometimes just pork, or sometimes a mix of pork. Cantonese wonton noodle soup, the easy way. Here, we used store-bought Hong Kong style wonton wrappers and wonton noodles. Fresh wonton soup is the best! Wrapping wonton is a bit time consuming but it's really easy once you try it.