Low Carb Egg Drop Soup. It's a wonderful low carb appetizer to start any meal! And if you love soup – check out all my low carb soup recipes! How to Make Low Carb Egg Drop Soup.
Turn heat down to a simmer and slowly pour in egg to form yellow threads. Turn heat off and add diced green onions, sesame oil and soy sauce to taste. Hughes has been developing ketogenic and paleo recipes for over a decade. You can have Low Carb Egg Drop Soup using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Low Carb Egg Drop Soup
- You need 4 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 1 tsp of arrowroot powder.
- You need 1 tsp of powdered ginger.
- It’s of Sesame oil.
- You need of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare of Chives.
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper.
She has developed recipes for top nutrition coaches and subscription meal boxes. Low carb egg drop soup makes a perfect lunch and can even be an appetizer for the next day. However, we would not freeze the soup after the eggs have been added. But, you can divide the soup before whisking in the dropped eggs and freeze one portion.
Low Carb Egg Drop Soup step by step
- Heat the chicken stock over moderate heat until it starts to simmer..
- Mix the arrowroot powder with a bit of water and pour into the chicken stock while whisking..
- Add the ginger powder, a few drops of sesame oil and a tiny splash of soy sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Slowly pour the whisked egg using a fork to stir into the stock..
- Pour the soup into cups or bowls and topped with chopped chives. Enjoy 😋.
Making the soup spicier- Add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes or sriracha sauce. Whisk until smooth to keep the corn starch from clumping. Many people following a low carb diet use arrowroot as a. Egg drop soup actually has always freaked me out to order. This way I can guarantee the egg is fully cooked in perfect little ribbons.