How to Cook Yummy Wonton Soup
Wonton Soup. Fold wonton in half diagonally to create a triangle, and seal the edges. Fold the two identical corners in on each other and press again to seal. Repeat until all wonton wrappers are filled.
It has lots of healthy veggies and is semi-homemade using frozen wontons. Wonton soup If you've ever had store bought frozen wontons or wontons from a good value Chinese place that probably uses frozen wontons, you will be amazed how different homemade ones are. The main difference is the texture of the filling – because homemade wontons are made with just pure fresh ingredients, NO mysterious fillers! You can have Wonton Soup using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Wonton Soup
- Prepare 1 pack of pre made square wonton wrappers.
- Prepare 200 gr of baby bok choi, halved, put into boiling water for 30 seconds, drained, set aside.
- It’s 2 ltr of chicken broth.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, finely minced.
- Prepare 4 stalks of green onions, thinly sliced.
- You need 2 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 Tbsp of salt or to taste.
- You need 1 tsp of white pepper powder or to taste.
- It’s of For the fillings:.
- Prepare 200 gr of ground chicken/pork.
- You need 100 gr of shrimp, roughly chopped.
- It’s 3 stalks of green onions, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, finely minced.
- You need 2 Tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of white pepper powder.
Whenever we're ordering take-out, wonton soup is always a must. See, I have a major thing for wontons. But little did I know that the homemade version is unbelievably easy. The soup is made from boiling shrimp shells, pork bones and dried flounder to give it a distinct taste.
Wonton Soup step by step
- In a big bowl, add all ingredients for the fillings. Mix well..
- Use your fingers, wet the edges of wonton wrapper with water. Place half a tablespoon of filling in the center of wonton wrapper. Fold wonton in half diagonally to create a triangle. Seal the edges. Fold the two corners in on each other, glue them with water, and press to seal. Do the same thing to the rest of wonton wrappers..
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil. Add garlic, salt, and white pepper powder. Add in wontons and cook for more or less 10 minutes. Add sesame oil. Mix well..
- Serve into bowls and garnish with baby bok choi and green onions. Yum! 😋.
Hong Kong wontons were introduced to the area after World War II as street food and later indoor eateries. To make the soup: bring the chicken stock to a boil. Add the wontons and bring the soup back to a boil. Add the green onion, remove the pot from the heat and add the sesame oil, stirring. Place stuffed wonton on a wax paper lined baking sheet and cover lightly with a kitchen towel.