Easiest Way to Make Perfect Pan Mee Soup
Pan Mee Soup. Pan Mee (Hakka Flat Noodle Soup). Pan Mee – Malaysian dish with hand-torn noodles in a rich anchovy broth and topped with ground pork, veggie and crispy anchovies. Pan mee merupakan salah satu masakan popular di kalangan kaum cina.
Originating from the Hakka kitchen, chilli pan mee is one of the popular noodle dishes in Kuala Lumpur, the. Soup pan mee serve with fried fish cakes, pork meatball, minced pork & sayur manis. Ordered one pan mee soup and one dumpling set,give one small packet of chili only.is your chili vry expensive. You can cook Pan Mee Soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pan Mee Soup
- Prepare 500 g of minced meat.
- You need 1/2 cup of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dried chilies, sliced or chopped (if using flakes, try to find some with less seeds and more chili pieces).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of minced onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of sliced shiitake mushrooms (preferably dried & soaked overnight. Reserve soaking liquid).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dried anchovies (I prefer to grind up the anchovies using a food processor. If not available, you can replace it with some fried bacon. Please adjust salt content accordingly).
- It’s 2 cups of pucuk manis (can be substituted with baby/round spinach).
- Prepare 2 of anchovy/fish bouillon cubes.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s To taste of soy sauce.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- Prepare To taste of white pepper.
- Prepare To taste of sugar.
- It’s of Optional: eggs/tofu.
- You need of Egg/rice noodles.
Pan Mee also known as Mee Hoon Kueh, translated as flat flour noodle. The important factor for a bowl of Pan Mee Recipe is the noodle and the soup! Banmian (板麵) is a popular Chinese noodle dish, consisting of handmade noodles served in soup. Other types of handmade noodles include youmian (similar dough texture and taste, but thinner round noodles), or mee hoon kueh (flat and thin rectangular pieces).
Pan Mee Soup instructions
- Heat 2-3 tbsp of the oil in a soup pot. Stir fry 2 tbsp of garlic until fragrant then add the minced meat and 1/2 the anchovies. Sauté until cooked then add the mushrooms. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the meat is slightly browned. Season well with soy sauce and white pepper. You can add a few tablespoons of water/the soaking liquid from the mushrooms if it gets too dry. Remove all but 1/4 cup of the mixture and set aside..
- In the pot with the remaining 1/4 cup of the mixture, add the bouillon cubes & 6 cups of water (you can also use the mushroom soaking liquid & top up water to get 6 cups). Allow the water to come to a boil and add spinach / pucuk manis. Cook for a few minutes until the color changes to a darker green, then turn off the heat and season the soup..
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining oil. It’s ok if it seems like a lot. Once hot,sauté onions and remaining anchovies and garlic until browned and slightly crispy. Add chili and sauté for a few minutes. Be prepared for the chili to make you cough! Season with soy sauce/salt/white pepper and sugar, if desired..
- To serve SOUP VERSION: you can either boil all the noodles in a separate pot and eat all immediately or ladle some of the soup into a separate smaller pot and boil them in individual servings. Boil the noodles in the soup and add an egg/some tofu to poach in once the noodles are almost done. Ladle the minced meat/chili on top as desired.
- To serve DRY version: boil the noodles separately and once cooked, immediately mix with the toppings – minced meat & chili. You can poach an egg and add it on top.
Time to slurp on some delicious pan mee in KL! The pan mee is also an example of how Pang has been able to grow beyond Kopitiam's modest In the bigger space and with a bigger kitchen staff, she's finally able to share the soup that she says she. Pan mee is predominantly found at hawker-style restaurants and stalls and is typically served with sambal sauce on the side. It goes under various names, and apart from the traditional version. Pan Mee is a delicacy that is loved by pretty much everyone.