Recipe: Appetizing Italian Gnocchi Soup aka Zuppa Toscana
Italian Gnocchi Soup aka Zuppa Toscana. Healthy low-carb, keto and paleo recipes plus free guides and diet plans to help you achieve your goals on the ketogenic diet. I realized it's a very close riff to the popular Zuppa Toscana Soup from Olive Garden. But this version is made easy with delicious gnocchi, ready to go.
Easy, hearty gnocchi zuppa toscana recipe loaded with Italian chicken sausage, potato gnocchi and kale in a silky creamy broth. As delicious as this soup is, I would beg to argue that this is not a traditional Tuscan soup like a Tuscan Ribollita or this Italian Vegetable Soup for instance, but more. Zuppa toscana is a broad based term literally meaning "Tuscan soup". You can cook Italian Gnocchi Soup aka Zuppa Toscana using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian Gnocchi Soup aka Zuppa Toscana
- It’s 1 pound of ground spicy Italian sausage.
- It’s 1 of small onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 4 cups of bone broth (chicken or beef).
- Prepare 1 of red medium pepper, diced.
- You need 1 cup of chopped kale (frozen works when it’s not in season).
- You need 1 batch of Keto Garlic Gnocchi.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s of sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Prepare of optional garnish: Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley & crumbled bacon.
Classic zuppa toscana normally is a soup made from kale, zucchini, cannellini beans, potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, tomato pulp, extra virgin olive oil, salt, powdered chili, toasted Tuscan bread, and rigatino (an Italian bacon). Tasty Italian soup make low-carb and keto with easy grain-free gnocchi made with just a few common ingredients. Sausage Recipes Paleo Recipes Low Carb Recipes Soup Recipes Snack Recipes Italian Gnocchi Italian Soup Zuppa Toscana Suppe Low Carb Keto. Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana is a creamy rustic Italian soup loaded with spicy sausage, bacon, potatoes, and kale.
Italian Gnocchi Soup aka Zuppa Toscana instructions
- Heat a large stockpot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sausage, onion and garlic. Cook over until the sausage is completely browned, stirring occasionally and breaking up the sausage with a spoon. Drain out as much of the excess grease as possible..
- Add in the bone broth and diced red peppers to the pot and bring the mixture to a simmer..
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the kale and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add gnocchi & cream and stir to combine..
- Season to taste with salt and pepper..
Cooking the vegetables in the pressure cooker quickly tenderizes the spuds. A hearty homemade version of the Olive Garden Restaurant dish. Zuppa Toscana literally translates from Italian to English as soup from Tuscany. Tuscany is a region in the Northwest side of Italy, much like a provence is. With tender potatoes, kale, easy homemade Italian sausage, and bacon, this.