Keto – Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup. Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup – One secret ingredient makes this the ultimate meatless matzo ball soup! Savory chicken flavor without the meat. I tried hard to develop a vegan recipe, I really did, but all of my attempts fell flat and were honestly kind of ick.
Handle the mixture as little as possible. The lighter the touch, the lighter the matzo ball! It may be a bit misleading to call these matzo balls, since they have no matzo in them, but they look just like matzo balls, are very tasty and good for you too. You can have Keto – Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Keto – Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup
- Prepare 5 of large eggs.
- It’s 3 1/2 c. of almond flour.
- Prepare 1/2 c. of ground flax seeds.
- You need 1/4 c. of seltzer water.
- You need 1 tbsp. of kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of olive oil divided.
- Prepare 6 c. of better than bullion vegetable broth.
- It’s 1 of large carrot peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large celery stalk chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of flat leaf parsley roughly chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp. of dill weed roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small onion diced.
This keto matzo ball soup, courtesy of recipe developer Chelsea Cohen of SlimFast, proves that you don't have to give up all your favorite Passover foods just because Add parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and allow to simmer over low heat. Before serving, heat matzo balls in soup and enjoy. Make "matzo" balls an any-time-of-year meal with this Keto rendition of a holiday favorite.
Keto – Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup step by step
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl..
- Add the oil, water, salt, almond flour, and flax seed. Mix until even..
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for two hours..
- Boil water in a large pot..
- Take the mixture from the refrigerator and using wet hands, roll the mixture into small balls, no larger than a ping pong ball (they will expand during cooking)..
- Drop the balls into the boiling water one by one as you make them. Lower the flame and cook for 30 minutes..
- Drain the water and set aside..
- In large stock pot, add vegetable broth and remaining ingredients and let simmer on low heat for 2.5 hours.
- Add matzo balls to warm as the final step & serve.
Simply replace traditional flatbread with almond meal & a few tasty ingredients for a macro-friendly entrée or starter. Warm and cozy, Matzo Ball Soup always fills you with warm fuzzies. This version is easy, uncomplicated, and perfect for beginners. I'll readily admit, I've never made matzo ball soup before this week. I read through some fantastic tutorials and myth busters about matzo balls over at Serious.