How to Prepare Delicious Wiener Sauerkraut Soup (Keto/Low Carb)
Wiener Sauerkraut Soup (Keto/Low Carb). One of the best winter soup from Eastern Europe. This Keto Sausage Sauerkraut Soup is a perfect mixture of tanginess coming from actual sauerkraut. Together with smoky paprika taste, with the additional taste of wild mushrooms added into it.
Are you a fan of sauerkraut? If you like sauerkraut like I do, you are going to love this creamy sauerkraut and sausage soup. Oh man is this keto Smoked Kielbasa Sauerkraut Soup good. You can have Wiener Sauerkraut Soup (Keto/Low Carb) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Wiener Sauerkraut Soup (Keto/Low Carb)
- It’s 10 of Hot Dogs (Gluten-Free found to have lowest carbs).
- It’s 2 tbs of Avacado Oil.
- It’s 1 lb of sauerkraut (both solid and liquid).
- You need 3 cups of Chicken Broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of stevia sweetener packet.
- You need 2 tbs of Dijon Mustard.
- You need 1 of shallot or small onion.
- Prepare 2 strips of Bacon.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of chives.
Not only is it good, it is a filling meal all by itself because of the high fat content. I first saw some similar recipe on a PBS series program with Marcia Adams called Amish Cooking From Quilt Country. Perfect for me…a quilting program coupled with food. If you're following the keto diet, you'll want to focus on net carbs which are calculated when you subtract fiber from the food's total carbs.
Wiener Sauerkraut Soup (Keto/Low Carb) step by step
- Dice onion and bacon into small pieces and put in pot. Fry bacon and onion until browned. delay adding onion by couple of mins if you like crispy bacon..
- Add broth, water, oil, mustard, sweetener, pepper, bay leaves and mustard.
- Measure out sauerkraut making sure there are both solids and liquids (more liquid the more acidic soup – adjust to likeness). Drain liquid into soup then take solids and chop to make less stringy. Add to soup..
- Chop hot dogs in 1/4 of an inch width (can be substituted for sausage). Add to soup. Simmer 15 mins..
- Add pinch of baking soda with 1 tbsp of heavy cream. Stir in. Taste soup add salt as required. Add chives as a garnish..
See great recipes for Low Carb Crackers (Keto) too! Track exercise, weight, ketones, blood glucose, and body measurements. Access keto meal plans and articles. Cut the cabbage in quarters and remove the hard cores. Free carb counter and keto diet tracker for the low carb and ketogenic diet.