Recipe: Yummy Hamburger Cabbage Soup
Hamburger Cabbage Soup. Free Crock Pot Recipes From Kraft® Foods. Find & Share Your Favorite Dishes Now! Great for a crowd, or to be enjoyed again as leftovers.
Now, how do you make cabbage soup with ground beef? And, all you need are simple, common ingredients. This soup is very similar to the Beef, Tomato and Acini di Pepe soup, which my family LOVES and calls Hamburger Soup. You can have Hamburger Cabbage Soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hamburger Cabbage Soup
- You need 2 Lbs of ground beef.
- You need 1 of cabbage head (chopped).
- You need 28 oz of can diced tomatoes.
- It’s 4 cups of water.
- You need 1 of onion (diced).
- It’s 3 Tbsp of beef broth concentrated liquid.
- Prepare 1 tsp of celery salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic (minced).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of Italian seasoning.
Chop raw cabbage to about the size of a nickle and add to tomatoes. This soup also works great in the slow cooker. Just add the browned ground beef and all of the veggies and broth. Cook cabbage in broth and water until soft enough to chop up.
Hamburger Cabbage Soup instructions
- Brown ground beef in frying pan and drain..
- Add all ingredients to a large pot..
- Stir well and cover. Simmer for 3 hours, stirring occasionally..
- Once cabbage is tender, stir and serve..
- Note: this is the type of beef broth concentrate I use. Not to be confused with the soup can size of beef broth concentrate..
Chop up and add to crockpot including the broth. ** Do not throw out the broth water from cabbage. With a skimmer, took out the beef and put in a bowl. Deglaze the saucepan and then wipe off the grease. In the saucepan, heat oil at medium heat. The beef is browned along with some onion before the rest of the ingredients get added to the pot.