How to Cook Perfect Spiralized Butternut Squash and Chicken Soup
Spiralized Butternut Squash and Chicken Soup. Butternut squash soup is a comforting fall recipe. The balance of protein from lean chicken and sausage, with tender squash, fiber-rich beans and plenty of leafy green kale makes this a complete meal. I started making this hearty soup a few years ago after my son James was born.
You will need a sturdy spiralizer to cut this into noodles, a cheap Keywords: spiralized butternut squash, spiralized noodles, spiralized vegetables, weight I made this dish and served it with your Thai Basil Chicken instead of rice and the combination was delicious. This post may contain affiliate links. This delicious soup is easy as can be and so delicious! You can have Spiralized Butternut Squash and Chicken Soup using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spiralized Butternut Squash and Chicken Soup
- It’s 1 of Butternut Squash.
- It’s 2 of Smoked Chicken Drumsticks.
- Prepare 1/2 of Delicata Squash.
- It’s 1 of Poblano Pepper.
- You need 1 of Small Sweet Onion.
- It’s 4 Cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 1/4 cup of blue cheese crumbles.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 2 Cans of Chicken Broth low sodium.
- You need 1 tsp of Sazon Seasoning.
- You need 2 tsp of Ground Coriander.
- You need 2 tsp of Finely Chopped Fresh Rosemary.
Did I mention the recipe comes straight from my mom's nimble little fingers? This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. Because roasting caramelizes and intensifies the natural sweetness and flavor in butternut squash, and roasting cubes in particular maximizes the amount of surface area for that to happen. Delicious and satisfying chicken noodle soup with sweet butternut squash, herby sage, and orzo pasta.
Spiralized Butternut Squash and Chicken Soup instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°. Wrap onion and garlic in foil with a little oil and place onto a baking sheet with 1 poblano pepper and put in oven..
- Roughly chop the round bottom portion of the butternut squash. Place on a baking sheet and dust both sides with coriander and sazon then place into the oven. Bake for 15 minutes..
- Combine the chicken broth, buttermilk, 1 tsp ground coriander and blue cheese crumbles in a pot and bring to a simmer..
- When the butternut squash, onion, garlic and poblano are done roasting remove the charred outer skins and add to the pot. Blend smooth with an immersion blender..
- Shred the chicken and add to the pot. A rotisserie chicken can be used or even a rinsed and drained can of beans in place of smoked chicken..
- Peel and spiralize the remaining portion of the butternut squash. Chop the delicata squash into half rounds and add both the to the pot..
- Finely chop the rosemary stir in and let simmer for an hour before serving..
Four years of living abroad, and I'm still We loved this soup with crusty bread to chase away the tail end of a cold. It's sort of a glorified chicken noodle soup with sweet butternut squash, herby. Homemade butternut squash soup becomes more filling with the addition of chopped chicken thighs. Bright butternut squash gives beta-carotene, vitamin C, and fiber to this satisfying homemade soup. Serve it for dinner or—if you can't wait—lunch.