How to Cook Tasty French onion soup Instant Pot IP
French onion soup Instant Pot IP. And French Onion Soup (French: soupe à l'oignon) is a classic favorite that has been on our long "To-Experiment in our Instant Pot Pressure Cooker" List ever since the very beginning! 😀. The sweet caramelized onions, the delicious savory aroma in comforting rich beefy broth. French onion soup is comfort food at its finest.
I see many warnings not to use alcohol even in a stovetop pressure cooker. Also, I assume that the alcohol. The Instant Pot caramelizes the onions and makes a delicious pot of French onion soup in about half the time it takes using conventional methods. You can cook French onion soup Instant Pot IP using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of French onion soup Instant Pot IP
- It’s 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 of yellow onions chopped.
- You need 2 of red onions chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 2 cups of white wine.
- You need 4 cups of beef broth.
- It’s 4 of thyme sprigs.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 TSP of kosher salt.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves minced (garlic lovers 8 cloves).
- Prepare 1 of baguette loaf.
- Prepare 4-6 slices of provolone cheese.
- Prepare of Garnishes.
- You need of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare of Fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare of Fresh parsley.
French onion soup is a comforting lunch or dinner soup. It's the perfect soup for a cold, snowy or rainy day, or serve it as a dinner party first course or. Why Is It Called French Onion Soup. Before then Onion soups have been It takes time to caramelize onions but you can skip this step and just add all your onions to the instant pot.
French onion soup Instant Pot IP instructions
- Melt butter in pressure cooker over medium saute setting..
- Add onions and baking soda until onions soften slightly and start to release liquid. Around 3 minutes..
- Seal pressure cooker and cook at high pressure for 20 minutes. No need to add liquid. The onions will release all the liquid needed. When finished quick release the pressure. Remove lid..
- Drain liquid then on high/more saute setting, continue to stir the onions till all the onions are sticky and brown..
- Add broth, white wine, salt, and garlic stirring and scraping bottom of the pot to remove any bits that may be stuck to bottom of the pot. Add thyme and bay leaves..
- Reseal instant pot and cook at high pressure for 10 minutes. When beeper sounds do a quick release of the pressure. Remove lid..
- Discard the bay leaves and thyme sprigs. Preheat oven to broil. Cut the baguette into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces…
- Ladle soup into oven safe bowls leaving room for the baguette on top. Add pieces of baguette (2 or 3) on top of soup. Cover with a slice of provolone cheese..
- Place bowl in oven and cook with oven door cracked until cheese is melted..
- Remove from oven. sprinkle salt, pepper, and parsley over the top..
You will not get that deep flavor like at Panera's. Instant Pot French Onion Soup is simple, tasty, and impressive! Way back in high school, my favorite class was French. Allow the IP to do a NPR (natural pressure release), but don't turn the IP off, allow it to stay on the keep warm setting. Turn the oven to broil and toast the.