Recipe: Appetizing Loaded Potato Soup
Loaded Potato Soup. This Recipe Was Created With Our Gluten-Free Friends in Mind. Pin this To Your Board Today Browse Our Collection Of Simple Potato Soup Recipes and Prepare Yummy Meals! This recipe for potato soup includes bacon, onion, ham, sour cream, cheddar cheese, green onions—and plenty of potatoes, of course.
When cool, crumble and set aside for garnish. In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Thick, creamy loaded potato soup topped with all the fixings! You can cook Loaded Potato Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Loaded Potato Soup
- You need 64 oz of Chicken Stock.
- Prepare 10 oz of Thick Cut Bacon.
- Prepare 4 lb of Potatoes.
- It’s 3 bunches of Green Onions.
- It’s 7 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 tbs of dried thyme.
- You need 1 tbs of Morton Nature Seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbs of Adobo Powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Black Pepper.
- You need 1 cup of Sour Cream.
- You need 1 cup of Heavy Cream.
- You need 1 2/3 cup of Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
This quick and easy one-pot recipe is a cold weather staple! It's a classic just like our chicken noodle soup, minestrone soup and tortilla soup. With all the flavor of a loaded baked potato, this recipe has cheese, sour cream bacon and more to make it a family favorite. When done, the tip of a paring knife should go through the potatoes easily.
Loaded Potato Soup instructions
- Peel & cut up the potatoes, garlic & the green onions then put to the side for later (make sure to keep bottoms of green onions separate from tops).
- Cook all the bacon & then cut it up into bits. Take the bacon grease & pour it into your cooking pot..
- Add the garlic & green onions to the grease pot & let them cook over low heat for 5-8 minutes just to release the aroma not to brown..
- Add the chicken stock, potatoes & dried ingredients and bring the pot to a boil. Once boiling, let it sit there for 5-10 minutes making sure to stir..
- Add all the dairy & 8oz of the bacon then reduce to a simmer for 25-35 minutes then blend together (immersion blender recommended but any blender will do). Serve topped with sour cream, cheese, bacon bits & green onion tops..
How to Make Creamy Potato Soup: Place potatoes in a pot, cover with water, season with salt and cook until tender then drain. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and let cool, then crumble. Potato Soup Recipes Potatoes are a staple that can be spectacular. This collection of potato soup recipes shows off the best of the best, adding flair and flavor to any menu. This soup incorporates pre-baked cubes of potato with onion, crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese and sour cream in a milk soup base which has been thickened with a roux.