Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup
Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup. This Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe is easy to make in the crock-pot, and it's perfectly thick and creamy and flavorful (without having to use heavy Chop up lots of potatoes (I strongly recommend Yukon golds), a big onion (white or yellow), and lots of cooked bacon (you can fry or microwave the. Stir in chicken stock, onion, garlic, thyme, butter and bacon until well combined. Cover and cook on low heat for Great recipe….a tip I learned years ago…if the soup, any soup even chile, isn't thick enough for you…sprinkle in instant potatoes a tiny bit at a time.
It is loaded with tender, diced potatoes in a creamy soup broth that is thick and chunky. Add the potatoes, onions, chicken broth, salt and pepper to the slow cooker. This chicken soup is the easiest way to warm up. You can have Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup
- It’s 4 of large russets (peeled and cubed).
- Prepare 1 of small white onion (chopped).
- It’s 3 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 6 strips of thick cut bacon diced (cooked and divided).
- You need 1 tbs of garlic (minced).
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper (to taste).
- You need of For the rue:.
- You need 4 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 6 Oz of heavy cream.
- It’s 6 Oz of cheddar cheese (grated).
- Prepare of Optional toppings:.
- It’s of Diced bacon.
- You need of Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s of Sliced green onions.
The best thing about comfort food is not actually have to cook it. You'll love this Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup packed with bacon, ham and cheese. Creamy soups like this are the perfect comfort food during long winters! If you're looking for Ashlyn, you'll find her over at Kenarry today where she's sharing an amazing Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup.
Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup instructions
- Cook bacon in your preferred method. (I always bake mine at 400° for 17-20 mins if thick cut).
- While bacon is cooking, peel and cube potatoes and chop onion..
- Once bacon is done and drained, dice about 2-3 pieces leaving the remaining for topping later on..
- Place potatoes, onion, chicken broth, garlic, and the 2-3 pieces of diced bacon in the slow-cooker and cook on low heat for 4-6 hrs. stirring maybe once and hour. When the potatoes are tender, lightly mash..
- Around the 4 hour mark, gather the ingredients for the rue. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour slowly and cook until is just starts to bubble. Add cream slowly while continuing to whisk. Add sour cream and cheddar and stir to combine..
- Add rue to slow-cooker and continue to cook on low for another 30 minutes. Serve with optional toppings..
I put a twist on one of my favorite comfort foods that my grandmother used to make. I look forward to passing this Mash potatoes to desired consistency. Stir in cream cheese, cream and butter. If you like loading your baked potatoes will all those delish dairy ingredients, then you'll love this soup recipe, too! Original recipe calls for only four slices of bacon, but I — being a little piggy — love the This was by far the best baked potatoe soup I ever had.