Recipe: Tasty Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup
Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup. This Thai Coconut Curry Carrot Soup is an amazingly flavorful vegetarian OR vegan treat. To make sure your soup is vegetarian, check the ingredients on your Thai curry paste. I used Thai Kitchen brand, which does not include any shrimp, but some brands do, so just double check.
Add enough coconut milk (and a little more stock or water if necessary) to bring the soup to the consistency you want. Adjust the seasoning (depending on the stock you use, you may need more or less salt), and lime juice to taste. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. You can have Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup
- You need 3 ounces of oil.
- Prepare 1 of each Vidalia onion-small dice.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic- chopped fine.
- You need 2 tablespoons of ginger- chopped fine.
- It’s 3 pounds of small carrots- small dice (chopping up small in a food processor works well).
- Prepare 2 ounces of flour.
- You need 1 1/2 quarts of chicken stock.
- You need 1 can (14 ounces) of coconut milk.
- It’s 1-2 tablespoon of Thai Red Curry Paste (Warning some are spicier than others:).
- Prepare 3-4 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- You need to taste of salt.
- It’s of (this needs salt, sweet and spice so each varies to taste).
Slowly pour the chicken broth over the mixture, stirring continually. A secret ingredient: Thai curry paste. The secret to the big flavor in this curried carrot soup is Thai red curry paste. Thai curry paste has beautifully fresh flavors: garlic, lemongrass, and ginger.
Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup instructions
- In a pot add the oil and sweat the onions in the stock pot for 5-10 minutes covered Med heat until translucent.
- Add the, chopped garlic and ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and dust with all the flour, stirring in for 1 minute..
- Add the chicken stock in pot and bring to a simmer for about 20 minutes. (Check to make sure the carrots are tender).
- When the carrots are tender the soup should be carefully purred in a blender or food processor. This should be done in small batches and covered with a towel as not to spray hot soup all over you..
- Return to the sauce pan and add 1 can of coconut milk and red curry paste and bring to a light simmer..
- Adjust the seasoning with red curry paste, salt and brown sugar..
- Basil,cilantro, scallions or bacon bits are all tasty things to add as a garnish..
Grab a jar from the store in the international aisle, and it keeps for months in the refrigerator. Thai Carrot Soup (paleo, vegan) This easy Creamy Thai Carrot Soup requires only a few basic ingredients and doesn't require much time to prepare. Healthful, flavorful, vegan, and paleo, this is a something-for-everyone comfort food! Heat the oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. How to Make Thai Coconut Carrot Soup in an Instant Pot.