Recipe: Perfect Pat Slovacek's Cabbage Roll Soup FUSF
Pat Slovacek's Cabbage Roll Soup FUSF. Great recipe for Pat Slovacek's Cabbage Roll Soup FUSF. With a panache of Mediterranean flavor from the Italian sausage and orzo, this heritage Polish classic features rich tomato broth, aromatics, and a hint of sweetness. And it's a one-pot dish! mommao.
Make batter by beating eggs and milk together in bowl. Mix cracker meal and fish-fry together in separate bowl.. You can cook Pat Slovacek's Cabbage Roll Soup FUSF using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pat Slovacek's Cabbage Roll Soup FUSF
- It’s 1 lb of Italian sausage.
- It’s 2 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 4 cups of cabbage, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, diced.
- It’s 2 of large carrots, peeled, quartered, sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of orzo.
- You need 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 4 cups of beef broth.
- It’s of (3) 8 oz. cans tomato sauce.
Pat Slovacek's Cabbage Roll Soup FUSF step by step
- Heat olive oil in large stock pot over medium high heat. Add sausage and season with salt and pepper..
- Brown sausage, break into small pieces (4-5 minutes). Add onion and garlic, cook for an additional 2-3 minutes..
- Add cabbage, carrots, beef broth, tomato sauce, orzo, bay leaf, and brown sugar. Stir until all ingredients are combined..
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 25-30 minutes or until orzo is tender. Remove bay leaf..
- Add a dash of fresh parsley and serve..