Bean soup. I am an Appalachian "kid" and bean soup was a staple in our family. Here is a little trick I learned. While this soup itself is vegan, I ended up topping it with some.
Soup beans is a term common in the Southern United States, particularly the regions around the Appalachian Mountains. Soup beans are usually served with cornbread, greens (such as boiled cabbage, cauliflower, or sauerkraut and sausage), and potatoes (stewed or fried). This hearty black bean soup is what you need on a cold and dreary day! You can have Bean soup using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bean soup
- Prepare 1 cup of dried beans.
- Prepare 1 quart of cold water.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion sliced.
- You need 1 stalk of celery diced.
- You need 3/4 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoons of celery salt.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of flour.
- You need of Grated cheese.
- It’s of Paprika.
Made with ham shanks, sweet potatoes, bell pepper, onion, cumin, and chili. Even though I'm single, I make multiple servings of everything. Neighborhood Bean Soup Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Black bean soup, a healthy, hearty, satisfying and comforting meal or side dish.
Bean soup step by step
- Soak beans overnight in cold water drain.
- Add 5 cups cold water bring to boiling point cover simmer 3 hours or until tender.
- Add more water if needed.
- Cook onion and celery to light brown in one half of butter stir in flour and blend well.
- Stir in strained soup.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- A tablespoon of sherry may be added just before serving.
- Add cheese and paprika.
- Serve hot.
Black beans are my favorite beans in the whole world and I tried them just a few years. Amazing Vegan White Bean Soup recipe that is hearty, comfy and full of flavor. For this Vegan White Bean Soup, I added coconut milk for extra creaminess and a combination of herbs for a unique taste. The Best Bean Soup Recipes on Yummly Southwestern Pork And Bean Soup, Smoky Pasta And Bean Soup, Mexican Pork And Bean Soup.