Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Slow Cooker Tomato Soup
Slow Cooker Tomato Soup. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray. To make the parmesan cheddar croutons, spread bread cubes in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet; sprinkle with cheeses. The best part about making this slow cooker tomato soup from scratch is that you can decide on the flavorings.
You can try other cheese combinations if you don't like Parmesan. Pin it to your CROCK POT board to SAVE it! I love meals that are made in the slow cooker. You can cook Slow Cooker Tomato Soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Tomato Soup
- Prepare 2 (28 oz) of cans of low/no sodium crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 cups of low/no sodium chicken or vegetable broth.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of carrots, diced.
- Prepare 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 2-3 of bay leaves.
- It’s 4 tbsp of no salt butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole milk, half and half, or coconut milk.
It makes my life so much easier to have some of the best crock pot recipes, especially during the fall season with all the holiday parties, football and basketball season and the hustle and bustle of. Make this easy slow cooker tomato soup recipe. Fry the tomatoes and vegetables in a frying pan first for extra flavour, if you like. It will need three hours on high in a slow cooker until the.
Slow Cooker Tomato Soup step by step
- Add all of the ingredients, except the bay leaves and milk/cream, into the slow cooker. Stir everything together..
- Next, place the bay leaves into the pot, close the lid, set the temperature to low, and cook for 6 to 8 hours. It took us about 7 hours..
- At the end, remove half of the soup to a bowl or blender. Pour half of the milk/cream, and blend it all together. Repeat for the second half and return the soup to the slow cooker. **Remove the bay leaves before blending together**.
- Enjoy! Maybe with a Ghost shaped quesadilla?.
The picture you see above is a creamy tomato soup. Which sounds really fancy…and difficult, but totally isn't. A bisque is just a soup that has a cream base. So when you add cream at the end of this recipe, you go from a regular soup to a bisque. You do NOT have to use.