How to Prepare Delicious Potato Broccoli Soup
Potato Broccoli Soup. I just finished eating this wonderful yummy soup, and it was so easy to make. In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Made this soup mostly to directions.
Loaded broccoli potato cheese soup is the ultimate broccoli cheese soup recipe. With how hearty and filling it is, this soup is a popular recipe year round! You'll first need to sauté the onion in a little butter before adding in the cubed potatoes, broth, and kosher salt. You can have Potato Broccoli Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato Broccoli Soup
- It’s 3 cups of diced broccoli heads.
- Prepare 3 of carrots peeled and diced.
- It’s 6 of medium potatoes peeled and cubed into small pieces.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, chopped.
- It’s 8 cups of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 3 1/2 cups of milk.
- You need 4 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of garlic pepper.
- You need 8 slices of bacon cooked and chopped.
Cook the potatoes until fork tender, then whiz the mixture with an immersion blender. Tips for Cheddar Broccoli Potato Soup. This broccoli potato cheese soup won't freeze well because of the dairy. If you don't have cheddar, try using another flavorful, good melting cheese such as Gruyere cheese.
Potato Broccoli Soup instructions
- In a large pot, combine chicken broth, carrots, potatoes, and onion. Bring to a boil, cover and simme for about 10 minutes..
- Add broccoli, cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes..
- While simmering, melt butter in a large sauce pan. Whisk in the flour and cook for another minute (or until golden brown). Whisk in milk and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the sauce thickens..
- Add cheese and stir until it is all melted. Pour cheese sauce into the large pot and stir until well combined..
- Add salt and garlic pepper. Add bacon pieces to the soup..
- Serve warm. Enjoy..
Keywords: broccoli cheddar potato soup, Broccoli Cheese and Potato Soup, broccoli potato cheese soup, potato and broccoli cheese soup. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a dutch oven. Add broccoli, potatoes, bay leaves, ground mustard, and chicken stock. The flavor was good and savory, and the potato made it more substantial than many other broccoli soup recipes. In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high.