Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Curry Soup. Cauliflower steaks made oven roasted with simple seasonings like salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Cutting the cauliflower into thick slices makes for a hearty and satisfying plant-based meal. Spicy roasted cauliflower is always a crowd-pleaser and this roasted cauliflower recipe really is fantastic.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. Roasting brings out nutty, buttery flavors in the cauliflower. Watch how to make perfect roasted cauliflower in this short recipe video! You can cook Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Curry Soup using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Curry Soup
- It’s 2 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need 1 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 of small head cauliflower, cut into small florets (about 6 c).
- It’s 2 of tblsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 1 c of diced carrot.
- It’s 3 of large cloves garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of grated fresh ginger.
- It’s 1 of fresh red chili pepper, such as serrano or jalapeño, minced, plus more for garnish.
- You need 1 (14 oz) of can no-salt-added tomato sauce.
- Prepare 4 c of low-sodium vegetable broth.
- Prepare 3 c of diced peeled russet potatoes (1/2-inch).
- It’s 3 c of diced peeled sweet potatoes (1/2-inch).
- Prepare 2 tsp of lime zest.
- You need 2 of tblsp lime juice.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of can coconut milk.
- Prepare of Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish.
Learn how to roast cauliflower – sweet, tender and tasty. Healthy, vegan, roasted vegetarian side dish. Sure, I also love Cauliflower Rice, Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes, and other cauliflower dishes, but I believe roasting is the king of all cooking methods when it comes to this cruciferous vegetable. Whole roasted cauliflower, a great vegan alternative for the holidays, special occasions or everyday cooking.
Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Curry Soup step by step
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees..
- Combine coriander, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, salt, pepper and cayenne in a small bowl. Toss cauliflower with 1 tablespoon oil in a large bowl, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the spice mixture and toss again. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast the cauliflower until the edges are browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside..
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrot and cook, stirring often, until starting to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking, stirring often, until the onion is soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, chili and the remaining spice mixture. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute more..
- Stir in tomato sauce, scraping up any browned bits, and simmer for 1 minute. Add broth, potatoes, sweet potatoes, lime zest and juice. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook, partially covered and stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 35 to 40 minutes..
- Stir in coconut milk and the roasted cauliflower. Return to a simmer to heat through..
- Garnish with cilantro and chilies, if desired..
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt, if desired..
It's a delicious side or main dish. Roasted cauliflower can be served warm or at room temperature. It can be part of an antipasto of roasted vegetables. Or an accompaniment to a roast chicken or lamb. Roasted Cauliflower is probably one of the best way to cook cauliflower as it is extremely delicious and addictive.