Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Lentil soup
Lentil soup. Check Out Lentil Soup On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat.
All it takes is a hint of spice flavourings, bay leaves and finishing it off with a touch of lemon to elevate this soup. Lentil Soup Lentil soup is a culinary wonder — it is creamy without any dairy, warmly spiced, and easy to make from a handful of kitchen staples. Pair lentils with your favorite vegetables to make this flavorful, hearty soup from Martha Stewart. You can cook Lentil soup using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lentil soup
- It’s 1 lb of lentils.
- Prepare 12 oz of can petite diced tomatos.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 1/2 c of frozen onion and pepper.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 3 (12 oz) of cans of broth.
There's no better way to warm up on a cold day than with a lentil soup. Add up to a cup more water if the lentil soup becomes too thick during cooking. Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. This soup recipe was a long time coming!
Lentil soup step by step
- Rinse lentils then boil for 30 minutes, season the boiling water with 1 tblsp each cayenne and paprika. (Can be done ahead of time, perfect prep to do on the weekend then toss the soup together after work).
- Rinse lentils, set aside or store in fridge. Can be made up to 3 days ahead of time..
- Dice carrot and garlic..
- Add garlic, onion, pepper, carrot to medium heat w 1 tbl oil until onions sweat…about 4 mins.
- Stir tomatos, mix completely and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add lentils & broth + 1/2 c water, simmer for 30 minutes..
- Using emulsion blender for texture is optional. Image is without emulsion blender..
Over the years, I made some lackluster lentil soups that never saw the light of day on this website. No vegetarian food blog would be complete without a proper lentil soup, though, so I perfected one of my own. Thick, flavorful lentil soup is budget-friendly and full of nutrients. Stir up a batch with one of Food Network's most-popular lentil soup recipes, and make it a favorite in your repertoire. Vegan Split Pea Soup I, Greek Lentil Soup (Fakes), Lentil and Sausage Soup, Moroccan Lentil Soup, Coconut Lentil Soup LENTIL SOUP.