Recipe: Appetizing Mommy’s Beef and Veggie Soup
Mommy’s Beef and Veggie Soup. Photo Source: Beef and Veggie Soup on Food Allergy Eats. Mommy Hates Cooking is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. I adapted this recipe from one I saw in a cookbook in an effort to add more vegetables to our diet.
My Mom's Old Fashioned Vegetable Beef Soup is one of my all-time favorite comfort food recipes. It's super simple homemade soup recipe and makes enough to freeze! Can I just brag about my family for a quick sec? You can cook Mommy’s Beef and Veggie Soup using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mommy’s Beef and Veggie Soup
- Prepare 1 lb of stew meat cut to one inch pieces.
- You need 2 of large carrots pealed and sliced.
- Prepare 4 stalks of celery sliced.
- Prepare 1 of large yellow onion sliced.
- It’s 2 ears of sweet corn kernels taken off ears.
- You need 1 cup of green beans cut.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of Mrs. Dash Garlic Herb Seasoning.
- Prepare 3 boxes of Kitchen Basics Beef Stock or one beef marrow bone and water.
- It’s 2 Tbls of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
Try this vegetable beef soup recipe and get more comfort food recipes and ideas from Food.com. Better than Campbell's but just as comforting! Loosely based on a gourmet cooking magazine's recipe for Beef Barley soup, I didn't have any barley or okra, so I added root veggies to make it more hearty. Mom's Homemade Beef Vegetable Soup A recipe handed down by my Mom that I have altered to make my own.
Mommy’s Beef and Veggie Soup step by step
- In an 8 quart stock pot heat olive oil on medium heat for 5 minutes..
- Add all ingredients to pot to brown and dry ingredients to taste. Let it go stirring frequently about 5 minutes..
- Add beef stock and bay leaves. Get pot to a simmer. Lower heat to low and cover and let cook 2 hours..
As in all my exotic culinary adventures, I used Rumba Meats sliced beef liver, which is full of iron and essential vitamins. Serve it with rice, mashed potatoes and/or veggies. Try our instant pot beef and veggie minestrone soup recipe. See a full list of ingredients, macros and how to prepare this soup step by step. Once hot, lightly spray with avocado/olive oil and add beef.