Creamy Turnip Leek Soup. Blend until smooth in food processor or blender. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish each serving with freshly grated apple and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Stir in cream, salt and nutmeg; heat through. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add spinach; cook and stir just until wilted. You can have Creamy Turnip Leek Soup using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Turnip Leek Soup
- Prepare of Vegetables and cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of sliced leek.
- Prepare 1 pound of turnip roots.
- You need To taste of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need of Spices.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper powder.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of lime just the juice.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- You need of Liquids.
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cups of heavy cream.
Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy soup pot over medium heat and add the onion, leeks and a pinch of salt. How to Make Turnip Leek Soup. Sauté the leeks in melted butter until golden. Pour in the broth and wine then bring to a boil.
Creamy Turnip Leek Soup step by step
- Sauté the turnip roots.
- Wash, peel, and dice the turnip roots. Really wash the leeks very well it holds lots of sand. Add to the turnip roots with the parsley..
- Add the broth, butter, season, and bring to a boil then a simmer. Cover simmer 30 minutes. Then add the cream and grated Parmesan cheese. Stir well simmer 10 minutes and let rest..
- Serve with a little shredded Parmesan cheese..
Transfer the mixture to a blender. Pour back in the pot to reheat. This Creamy Turnip Potato soup is really easy to make: Saute the onion to get its sweetness to come out, then add the rest of the soup ingredients right to the same pot. Once the turnips and potatoes re fully cooked, just puree the soup with an immersion blender. Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat.