Easiest Way to Make Yummy Potato and Leek Soup
Potato and Leek Soup. Get Access To Daily Recipes, Tips, Product Recommendations & So Much More! Find Great Deals from the Top Retailers. eBay Is Here For You with Money Back Guarantee and Easy Return. Melt the butter over medium heat in a large soup pot.
I will make this every time we get leeks in our CSA box." – Rebekah. Classic Vichyssoise "Easy, delicious and healthy! This soup is so yummy, you could omit the cream altogether." – daniella. You can cook Potato and Leek Soup using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato and Leek Soup
- You need 6 of medium potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- It’s 2 of leeks cleaned and chopped, white and light green part.
- It’s 1 (14.5 oz) of can chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream.
German Leek and Potato Soup "Very good. Put the chicken stock, potatoes, leeks, celery, bay leaf and thyme in a large pot and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Chop the leeks into small pieces. What to Serve with Potato Leek Soup.
Potato and Leek Soup step by step
- In 3 qt sauce pan simmer potatoes in chicken broth until very tender.
- In a skillet melt butter and sauté leeks until tender, do not brown.
- When potatoes are tender, mash in broth, add leeks and cream.
- Simmer another 5 to 10 minutes, season with salt and white pepper.
- If you prefer it very smooth, after adding leeks blend a blender in batches before adding cream.
Think of this potato soup as you would a potato side, but in liquid form. You don't really need any more starch to round out the meal, but it is hard to resist dipping a slice of crusty bread in this soup. Serve the soup as the starter to a steak dinner (steak and potatoes, right?), or roasted chicken. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Melt butter in a pot over medium heat.