Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Onion soup au gratin
Onion soup au gratin. While the soup simmers, make the croutons. Lightly brush bread slices with olive oil. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Saute the onion until they are light brown. Add the flour to the onions and mix in well. Add the onions to a large stock pot and the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. You can cook Onion soup au gratin using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Onion soup au gratin
- It’s 2 dozen of Bermuda onions.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 11/2 quarts of strong beef stock.
- Prepare of Salt pepper Parmesan cheese.
- It’s of Celery salt.
- You need of Paprika.
Then reduce heat to a simmer. Arrange the French bread cubes over the surface of the soup, then place the cheese evenly on top of the bread. When cooking is complete, soup is ready to serve. Listen to the crackle of a fresh baguette being torn apart.
Onion soup au gratin step by step
- Peel onions under water slice thin fry in butter until brown.
- Add flour mixed with butter to onions.
- Add stock cook in double boiler.
- Serve hot with grated cheese and paprika.
Take in the aroma of our signature Onion Soup Au Gratin, Steak Frites and Chicken Grand-Mére. Thoughtfully select wine from our historic rolling wine cart. Indulge in a savory bite of Chocolate Mousse or Profiteroles. Another note: over the years, I've found that soup base varies in concentration, so taste yours after adding the water and add more if it needs it. I like Penzey's Chicken Soup Base, but also" Better Than Bouillon" will work.