Recipe: Appetizing Pea soup
Pea soup. This is a hearty split pea soup has a flavorful ham bone cooked with carrots, potatoes, onions, and a pinch of marjoram. Split pea soup is the ultimate comfort food. Ladle up a bowl of the good stuff for dinner tonight.
When King Louis XIV of France was hungry for pea soup, his court at Château de Saint-Germain-en-Laye served up its famous version, Potage Saint. A simple pea soup makes an elegant start to a spring meal. It's also a great way to use frozen vegetables when the produce section is looking bleak. You can have Pea soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pea soup
- It’s 3 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 2 cups of cooked or canned peas.
- You need 1 cup of cold water.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare Sprig of parsley.
- It’s 1 cup of 1/2 and 1/2.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare of Celery salt.
Find delicious pea soup recipes including quick pea soup, cream of pea soup, chilled pea soup and more pea soup recipes. Remove any meat from ham hock and shred. Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the frozen peas and chicken or vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
Pea soup instructions
- Put aside one third of peas.
- Add remainder to water stock and seasoning and let simmer 30 minutes.
- Press through a sieve.
- Add butter.
- Let boil few minutes then add 1/2 and 1/2 and remaining peas which have been heated double boiler.
- Serve very hot with little whipped cream and paprika.
This classic Pea Soup recipe is made with a meaty ham bone, carrots, onions, potatoes, and has a thick and flavorful broth. It's easy to make on the Stove Top, Instant Pot, or Crock Pot!. Be sure to try my recipe for Lentil Soup with Ham next! Split pea soup can be kept refrigerated for about a week, or frozen for up to three months. To freeze, cool the soup completely, then transfer to freezer containers or bags.