Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Cream of pea soup
Cream of pea soup. Place peas and liquid in a blender or food processor; cover and puree until smooth. In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the chicken stock, peas, potato, and salt.
In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels; drain, reserving drippings. Add onion and celery to drippings. You can cook Cream of pea soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cream of pea soup
- Prepare 3 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 11/2 cups of canned peas put through sieve.
- You need 3 cups of half and half.
- You need of Salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of flour.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s of Celery salt.
- Prepare of Whipped cream.
- It’s of Paprika.
Saute until vegetables are tender; drain. Add the peas, water, potatoes, ham, salt, bay leaf and pepper. This recipe comes from James Peterson, author of many cookbooks, including Splendid Soups. Put leeks and potatoes in a pot with the liquid and bring to a gentle simmer.
Cream of pea soup step by step
- Heat stock peas and milk in double boiler.
- Melt butter blend with flour add to hot stock.
- Mix thoroughly add seasoning.
- Little whipped cream and paprika before serving..
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low. Add onions, celery, and garlic and cook, stirring often and adding a splash or so of water if the bottom of pan gets too brown, until. Make the soup, then leave to cool at room temperature. Reheat either from frozen or defrost in the fridge overnight. Melt butter in a large dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat.