How to Prepare Tasty Vegan coconut lentil soup
Vegan coconut lentil soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to. Nourishing vegan coconut tomato lentil soup simmered with delicious, warming spices like cumin, coriander and turmeric.
This Coconut Curry Lentil Soup is versatile. The coconut milk makes the soup creamy and the diced tomatoes give it a bright orange color, however, they're completely optional. Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-low heat. You can cook Vegan coconut lentil soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan coconut lentil soup
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 (3 inch) of piece ginger.
- You need 3 tbsp of curry powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of red curry powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 (13.5 ounce) of can unsweetened coconut milk.
- It’s 1 cup of red lentils.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut.
- It’s 1 (15 ounce) of can crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 scoop of non-dairy Yogurt (for serving; optional).
- You need 1-2 tbsp of sea salt (optional to taste).
Lentil Soup FAQs: What goes well with Vegan Coconut Curry Lentil Soup? Lentil soups, in general, are extremely versatile. For a rich and thick soup like this one (or even my Easy Spiced Lentil Soup), your best bet is to pair it with something starchy that absorbs the flavour. It would also be good to pair the soup with a light dish such as a side salad.
Vegan coconut lentil soup step by step
- Chop onion, mince garlic, and peel and chop ginger..
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to large sauce pan on med heat. Add chopped onions and cook til translucent (about 6-8 min)..
- Add garlic and ginger, stirring often (about 4-5 min)..
- Add both curry powders and stir until begins to stick to bottom (about 1 min)..
- Add coconut milk, shredded coconut, red lentils, 1 tbsp salt and 5 cups of water. Break up spices by stirring often. Bring water to boil water and then reduce heat to simmer and cook til soup starts to thicken (about 20-25 min)..
- While soup is simmering, squeeze thawed spinach to release excess water. Chop spinach finely on cutting board..
- Towards end of simmering (about 5 min left), add crushed tomatoes and chopped spinach. Season to taste w/ sea salt and serve with 1 scoop of non-dairy yogurt..
Other ways to eat the red lentil soup. I LOVE the leftovers of the red lentil soup. The soup will thicken the next day. I reheated leftover soup and poured it over cooked bulgur like a sauce. The bulgur tasted amazing with a side of baked salmon.