Chicken & Veggie Soup. Chicken Recipes Find recipes for fried chicken, chicken breast, grilled chicken, chicken wings, and more! This super speedy version is perfect for an easy, awesome weeknight meal. The chicken (Gallus gallus domesticus) is a type of domesticated fowl, a subspecies of the red junglefowl (Gallus gallus).
Jazz up this supper staple with flavorful recipes for roasted, baked, and fried chicken as well as chicken casserole, soup, salad, wings, pasta and more. Choose your KFC chicken: original recipe, extra crispy, Kentucky grilled chicken, extra crispy tenders, hot wings and popcorn nuggets. Go international with Chicken Shawarma, or stick with more traditional flavors in dishes like Chicken and Broccoli Casserole or Chicken Potpie. You can cook Chicken & Veggie Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken & Veggie Soup
- Prepare 1/2 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 40 g of smoked bacon, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of small yellow onions, chopped.
- It’s 2 of large cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 4-6 of bone-in chicken thighs (Or 2 chicken breasts).
- Prepare 2 of large russett potatoes, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of large carrot, diced.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery, diced.
- You need 6 cups (1.5 L) of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp. of sea salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
- You need 1 handful of fresh, chopped parsley.
Kid-friendly favorites like BBQ Chicken Pizza are included, or keep it fancy for a date night in with Chicken Scaloppine with Broccoli Rabe. Chock-full of chicken, potatoes, peas and corn, this recipe makes two golden pies, so you can serve one at supper and save the other for a busy night. This is the best chicken potpie recipe to have on hand when company comes over. —Karen Johnson, Bakersfield, California Need a new go-to dinner? These quick chicken dinners recipes are perfect for a stress-free weeknight meal, and make enough so that you can have leftovers for lunch.
Chicken & Veggie Soup instructions
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped pieces of smoked bacon and cook until they are brown..
- Add in the onions and garlic. Saute for 3-4 minutes..
- Place whole chicken pieces on top of the onions..
- Add the sliced potatoes, diced carrots, celery, chicken broth, thyme, sea salt and black pepper..
- Simmer on medium until the potatoes become very soft and thicken the broth. This takes about 40 minutes..
- Remove the chicken from the pot and use forks to shred meat or chop it into pieces. Add shredded chicken back into the pot along with fresh parsley and stir into the soup..
- Eat & enjoy!.
Browse simple recipes from the expert chefs at Food Network for creative twists on everyone's favorite hearty chicken casserole. Chicken thighs make an easy and inexpensive dinner. Find recipes for baked, grilled, or even slow cooked chicken thighs, perfect for any night of the week. Chicken definition is – the common domestic fowl (Gallus gallus) especially when young; also : its flesh used as food. How to use chicken in a sentence.