Loaded potato soup. This recipe for potato soup includes bacon, onion, ham, sour cream, cheddar cheese, green onions—and plenty of potatoes, of course. Use a high-starch variety of baking potato, also known as a russet, for this recipe, to ensure that your loaded potato soup has a hearty body and a creamy texture. Set a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Thick, creamy loaded potato soup topped with all the fixings! This quick and easy one-pot recipe is a cold weather staple! It's a classic just like our chicken noodle soup, minestrone soup and tortilla soup. You can have Loaded potato soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Loaded potato soup
- It’s 4 cups of diced Idaho potatoes (4 med large potatoes).
- You need 3 cups of whole milk.
- It’s 32 oz of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 8 oz of pack cooked and then crumbled bacon (reserve 2oz extremely minced).
- You need 1/2 cup of minced yellow onion.
- It’s 2 of large minced garlic.
- You need 8 oz of fresh shredded sharp cheddar + more for serving.
- It’s of Fresh chopped chives.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
With all the flavor of a loaded baked potato, this recipe has cheese, sour cream bacon and more to make it a family favorite. When done, the tip of a paring knife should go through the potatoes easily. How to Make Creamy Potato Soup: Place potatoes in a pot, cover with water, season with salt and cook until tender then drain. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and let cool, then crumble.
Loaded potato soup step by step
- Fine chop the bacon and sauté until crisp and set aside (drain but reserve some bacon fat) once cooled fine chop some of the bacon until you have about 2oz or more and set aside.
- Add onions and garlic and caramelize both.
- Slowly sprinkle in flour and cook for a few, add chicken stock and reduce for about 20 minutes, whisk until thick then add the milk slowly while wisking.
- Add cheese slowly while whisking and then add the extremely minced bacon followed by salt and pepper to taste..
- Add the potatoes and drop the heat to simmer uncovered until potatoes are tender and soup has thickened (about 30 to 40 minutes) do not let it over boil and stir to ensure nothing sticks. serve and finish with cheese, chives and bacon..
Potato Soup Recipes Potatoes are a staple that can be spectacular. This collection of potato soup recipes shows off the best of the best, adding flair and flavor to any menu. This soup incorporates pre-baked cubes of potato with onion, crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese and sour cream in a milk soup base which has been thickened with a roux. In a Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat until done. Remove bacon from pan, and set aside.