Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Cream of tomato soup
Cream of tomato soup. Add the tomatoes, sugar, tomato paste, basil, chicken stock, salt, and pepper and stir well. Combine broth and tomatoes in a medium saucepan over moderate heat. When soup bubbles, stir in heavy cream and reduce heat to low.
I think the next time I make this I will add the milk first so it can cook with the roux then add the tomato. Return soup to a clean pot and set over low heat. Whisk in cream, if desired; season with salt and pepper. You can cook Cream of tomato soup using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cream of tomato soup
- It’s 2 quarts of canned tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 cups of soup stock.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of soda.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of flour.
- It’s of Celery salt.
- You need 1/2 pint of cream.
- It’s 1 pint of milk.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of butter.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
Serve immediately or transfer soup to a bowl set over an ice-water bath to cool completely. Transfer cooled soup to an airtight container and refrigerate. Reheat over medium heat until heated through. Cream of tomato soup should be gentle and soothing.
Cream of tomato soup instructions
- Put tomatoes and stock in kettle add no water boil 10 minutes.
- Strain through colander add soda strain through fine sieve.
- Blend flour and butter add to milk add water.
- In double boiler heat cream and milk.
- Combine mixtures heat.
- Little whipped cream when serving.
Adding baking soda to the tomatoes keeps the milk from curdling. Gradually stir in the cream cheese mixture, cream and basil. Cook and stir until heated through (do not boil). In a large bowl, combine the crackers, oil, dressing mix, garlic powder and dill; toss to coat. Ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle with crackers and mozzarella cheese.