Recipe: Tasty Chicken Minestrone Soup
Chicken Minestrone Soup. The Italian word minestrone means big soup, and countless variations of the bean-and-vegetable soup are big in American kitchens. This version calls for broth as well as chicken breasts for extra flavor. One taste of our Italian minestrone soup recipe, and you'll be hooked.
Great soup – I love all of the homemade chicken soups from this issue. Minestrone soup with chicken is an easy way to take a soup that is classically all vegetables and add some extra staying power with tender, juicy chicken. Serve it warm with crackers or your favorite crusty bread. You can cook Chicken Minestrone Soup using 28 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Minestrone Soup
- It’s of Step one.
- You need 4 tablespoons of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of each chopped onion.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 stalks of chopped celery.
- It’s 1 of each chopped carrots.
- It’s of Step two.
- Prepare 1/2 of dry pint Cherry tomatoes-diced or 1 -14. 5 ounce can of diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of habanero pepper finely chopped (optional… we like it spicy:).
- You need 1/4 of red bell pepper-small dice.
- It’s 1/4 of yellow bell pepper small dice.
- You need 4 ounces of diced cooked chicken.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- You need 1 of each potato -small diced.
- You need 2 quarts of chicken broth (stock).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need Pinch of thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of oregano.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of dry basil.
- Prepare of Step three.
- It’s 1 cup of elbow macaroni.
- It’s 1 can of (14 ouces +/-) white kidney beans.
- You need 1 cup of broccoli florets.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of small cauliflower florets.
- You need 3-4 of asparagus stalks cut thinly on a bias.
- You need 1 of scallion cut on a bias –added as 2 minutes before the soup is done.
Jump to Recipe Print Recipe Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. If you'd like another great Summer soup recipe, try the Chicken Sausage and Kale Soup. I made this Chicken Minestrone Soup with little effort and it resulted in a lot of great warming flavors! Lots of layers of veggies, herbs, pasta, and chicken resulting in a great hearty dinner, and the great part of this meal is that you can easily prep all the veggies ahead of time in order to just dump them into the pot the day that you want to make it.
Chicken Minestrone Soup instructions
- In a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery, garlic and carrots; sauté for 4 minutes..
- Add tomatoes, peppers, diced chicken, tomato paste, potato, chicken broth, parsley, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano and basil to the pot. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat. Simmer for approximately 15 minutes until vegetables are barely tender..
- Add the macaroni,white kidney beans broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus and simmer for 15 minutes more. Adjust as needed seasoning..
- Add the scallions 2 minutes before the soup is done..
Chicken Minestrone is an easy and comforting soup to serve for an easy lunch or dinner. This classic minestrone soup is full of delicious vegetables and fall-apart-tender chicken, with a secret ingredient that gives the most fantastic flavor! Prepare soup mix according to package directions, adding zucchini and mushrooms. For croutons, in a large bowl, combine butter and parsley. Add bread cubes and toss to coat.