Recipe: Tasty cabbage soup
cabbage soup. Reviews for: Photos of Healing Cabbage Soup. This Cabbage Soup recipe is one of the few recipes that you can sit down and eat as much as you want as often as you want and you can feel great about it! To make this simple cabbage soup you only need fresh cabbage, onions, canned tomatoes, chicken stock, and a few spices.
This is THE most adaptable soup. It's flavorful, incredibly healthy, and comes together in no time. Are you looking for a great recipe for your Cabbage Soup Diet? …You've come to the right place! You can have cabbage soup using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of cabbage soup
- It’s 2 lb of ground chicken breast.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 large of cabbage.
- It’s 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 large of yellow onion.
- It’s 1 cup of quinoa.
- You need 32 oz of water.
- Prepare 6 can of 32oz crushed tomato.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Cabbage Soup is a savory vegetable soup made with carrots, celery, onions, cabbage, diced tomato and spices. I've been making cabbage soup for years because it's the perfect thing to make when it's. Cabbage soup, a tasty and easy way to include more vegetables into your diet. It's low in calories, but extremely flavorful.
cabbage soup instructions
- Brown chicken in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Remove chicken. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil add onion, cabbage and garlic and sweat down.
- add chicken to cabbage mixture.
- in separate pot cook 1 cup quinoa in 2 cups boiling water. simmer for 18 minutes. Don't have to stir just let simmer..
- Put tomatoes in pot. I put crushed tomatoes in blender but you don't have to…
- simmer for 2 hours then put quinoa in pot and cook additional hour..
- depending on consistency you may have to add more water. Do this after quinoa is in for abiyt 1/2 hour..
- I also like mine a little spicy so I blend 2- 16 oz cans of tomato with green Chile and put in when other tomatoes are..
Cabbage soup is extremely delicious and easy to make at home. Do you remember the cabbage soup diet? It was one of those crazy fad diets where you were supposed to I'm calling this soup All You Can Eat Cabbage Soup as a tongue-in-cheek reference. Cabbage Soup Recipe photo by Taste of Home. My family loves this soup and enjoy it throughout the autumn and winter months in Michigan.