Chicken and Cabbage Soup. Add chicken; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; remove chicken from pot and transfer to a platter. Place chicken breasts and broth in to a stockpot or Dutch oven.
A variation of a recipe I found and modified. Very low in fat and very filling. Add cabbage and lemon slices to the broth/rice. You can cook Chicken and Cabbage Soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Cabbage Soup
- You need 8-12 of chicken thighs with skin and bone.
- You need 1 stalk of celery sliced.
- You need 6-8 of carrots sliced or 1 small bag of baby carrots.
- It’s 1 bunch of parsley chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion diced.
- You need 2 of whole garlic cloves minced.
- You need 1 head of cabbage shredded.
- Prepare 6 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- Prepare to taste of Garlic salt.
- You need 2 Tbs of dried Oregano or to taste.
- You need 2 Tbs of dried Basil or to taste.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of dried Thyme or to taste.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of garlic powder.
Add chicken, parsley, salt, white pepper and cayenne. Simmer until the chicken is heated. Chicken And Cabbage Soup is a delicious one-pot meal, perfect for cold winter nights. It's raining like crazy here, with dipping temperatures, and all the crazy weather thought what could be better for this cold night than a warm and hearty, comforting bowl of soup, which tastes good and is also healthy too.
Chicken and Cabbage Soup instructions
- Boil chicken in a large stock pot.
- Remove chicken and add all of the ingredients to the pot..
- Simmer on low..
- Remove the chicken from the bone. I discard the veins, skin and any other fat on the chicken..
- When finished, add the chicken to the pot. Continue to cook for another 30-45 minutes. You may want to taste and add more of the seasoning..
Made with healing bone broth, this keto chicken no-noodle soup with healthy cabbage is warm and comforting when it's cold outside, when you're fighting a cold, or you just crave a hearty soup! Based on a popular weight-loss plan, this healthy cabbage soup recipe gets tons of flavor and a metabolism-boosting kick from spicy chiles. Cabbage is like that; it can outlast almost any other vegetable. Now even if all you have in your fridge is some cabbage, there are only a few more pantry ingredients you need to make this easy, nourishing, and light cabbage soup. To make this simple cabbage soup you only need fresh cabbage, onions, canned tomatoes, chicken stock, and a few spices.