Chicken gnocchi soup. Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi soup is one of the most popular Olive Garden soup recipes. It is a rich soup that can be made into a meal. This warm bowl of goodness features roasted chicken, potato gnocchi, carrots, celery, and spinach.
This better than Olive Garden's chicken gnocchi soup recipe will become a family favorite. If you've ever been to Olive Garden, you've more likely seen chicken gnocchi soup on the menu. In the same pan, saute the onion, carrot, celery and garlic in remaining butter until tender. You can cook Chicken gnocchi soup using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken gnocchi soup
- It’s 1 cup of petite diced carrots.
- You need 1 cup of fine chopped yellow onions.
- You need 3/4 cup of petite diced celery.
- It’s 4 of large garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 1 of packed cup chopped spinach.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter and a glug of evo.
- It’s 32 oz of bold chicken stock.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried thyme.
- You need 16 oz of Pre packaged gnocchi.
- You need 2 cups of chicken (I used about 1.75lbs boneless skinless chicken breast).
- You need 1/4 cup of AP flour.
- It’s 8 oz of half and half.
Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup has a thick and rich broth with shredded carrots, celery, chopped spinach, gnocchi and chicken hidden throughout. This tastes even better than the Olive Garden! I just love the Italian flavors in the slow cooker pasta e fagioli soup or creamy zuppa toscana too, so be sure to give them a try! Chicken and Gnocchi Soup is the coziest way to warm up this season!
Chicken gnocchi soup instructions
- I trim and boil the chicken breast for around 45 minutes and lightly pull and coarsely chop the chicken and set in the fridge.
- Prep all the veggies and get your ingredients all together.
- Melt butter and a glug of evo then add the carrots, onions and celery and a couple pichnes of salt, sauté for about 15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and season with dried thyme and a pinch of salt, sauté for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add the flour slowly and stir to combine to make a dry vegetable roux. Continue to lightly sauté until you cook the flour out, about 10 minutes..
- Add the chicken stock and season with salt and black pepper (go light, you can always add more) simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, then taste for seasoning.
- Add the half and half, gnocchi and the chicken and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the gnocchi is cooked And soup is thickened..
- Add the spinach and continue to cook for a few minutes and remove from the heat and cover, let sit for about 15 minutes allowing the spinach to wilt..
It's filled with lots of potato gnocchi dumplings, tender pieces of chicken, fresh colorful veggies (like spinach and carrots) and it's all bathing in a rich and creamy broth. Chicken Gnocchi Soup is a delicious easy super family friendly soup that comes together in less than thirty minutes with the addition of rotisserie chicken. It combines gnocchi, onions, celery, carrots, spinach and chicken into a creamy broth. That means starting with a rotisserie chicken, a bag of pre-shredded carrots, and quick-cooking, fresh (not frozen) gnocchi from the refrigerator section. If you want, you can also make the shredded chicken ahead of time during meal prep, either on the stovetop , in the slow cooker , or the Instant Pot.