Roasted Red Pepper and Vegetable Soup. Soup is a fantastic way to get a hefty dose of vegetables into a convenient cup. After buying the organic carton brand of red pepper soup, I decided it was time to tackle it my own way. It's not only delicious but it's also gluten and dairy free!
I also sauted two chopped red peppers and used one roasted red pepper from a jar, putting them all in at the same time instead of reserving one for the end of the recipe. Instead of making the roux I added some cornstarch to a bit of. Add a small splash of freshly squeezed lemon juice, stir and serve with a drizzle of creme fraiche and homemade pesto. You can have Roasted Red Pepper and Vegetable Soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted Red Pepper and Vegetable Soup
- You need 24 oz. of jar sweet roasted red peppers, drained.
- You need 2 cups of carrots, diced canned is ok but drain & rinse.
- Prepare 2 cups of potatoes, peeled & diced (canned ok but drain & rinse).
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- You need 1 can (14.5 oz.) of tomatoes, diced or crushed variety w/ juices.
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz.) of Chicken broth, can substitute vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of basil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
What I have for you today is a simple and flavourful soup made with fresh roasted red peppers, golden brown onions and garlic, and vegetable stock. That's right, I used fresh peppers for this roasted red pepper soup which I roasted myself in the oven. Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Soup Creamy, flavorful soup made from roasted red peppers. Put the sweet potato, pepper, onion and garlic on a baking tray.
Roasted Red Pepper and Vegetable Soup instructions
- If you roast your own red peppers, get busy. I use jarred red peppers and drain in a colander..
- Peel and roughly chop (we are gonna puree once cooked) carrots, potatoes and onions. If you use any canned vegetables, drain and rinse them off. I find that rinsing canned vegetables helps to improve the taste and removes the flavors of the canning process. If you think I've lost my mind on this one that's ok too, but try it :).
- I had a crazy schedule so I threw vegetables, broth, tomatoes and seasonings in the crockpot on high until I was ready to puree. If you use a pot on the stove top, bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Cooking time will depend on if you used canned or fresh but make sure you cook long enough to puree successfully..
- Once all the veggies are fall apart soft or you return home from chaos……Puree until smooth, using either a stand or submersion blender. Salt and pepper to taste..
- I store in the fridge and it's my delicious lunch for the week. Enjoy!.
Sprinkle with the paprika and seasoning, then drizzle with the oil. Tip the roasted vegetables into a blender (or use a stick blender) with the coconut milk, stock, sriracha and maple. Add the water, vegetable base, heavy cream, and roasted red peppers into the soup pot and bring to a simmer. Place the burr mixer in the soup and blend until the soup has a smooth texture. Mix carrots, red bell peppers, onion, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.