Beef, Bacon, and Vegetable Soup. In the drippings, cook beef and onion until meat is browned; drain. Top with beef mixture and bacon. Combine the broth, tomatoes, gravy and pepper; pour over top (do not stir).
So many beef soups are watery and dull. Bacon, Beef and Barley Soup With a medley of barley, beef and vegetables, this thick, stew-like soup is brimming with flavor and texture. Every spoonful will warm you from head to toe on cold winter evenings.—Rachel Kohnen, Pomeroy, Iowa Add browned beef, water, broth, tomatoes with juices, carrots, potatoes, corn, bay leaves and garlic. You can have Beef, Bacon, and Vegetable Soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef, Bacon, and Vegetable Soup
- Prepare 2 cups of chopped cabbage.
- You need 1 of small white onion.
- You need 1 of small red onion.
- It’s 32 ounces of meat spaghetti sauce I used Mids brand.
- It’s 1 of large carrot.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced celery.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of white ground pepper.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 pound of smoked bacon.
- Prepare 1 pound of ground sirloin.
- You need 1/2 pound of frozen French fries.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of fennel seed.
- You need 1 pint of water.
Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until beef is almost tender, about an hour. Add peas and hot sauce to soup. Return the browned vegetables to the pan along with the bacon pieces and bay leaves and thyme. Cover the meat and vegetables with vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
Beef, Bacon, and Vegetable Soup step by step
- Wash and chop the vegetables..
- Slice the bacon and cook render the fat. Add the pepper. Stir for a minute..
- Add the fennel seeds, French fries, beef, and vegetables, stir coating them all. Add salt, cover and simmer till tender stirring as needed..
- When the vegetables are tender add the garlic give a good stir. Add the sauce. Add the water. Simmer 15 minutes..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
Add the minced garlic and saute for a minute longer, to let the flavor develop. Add the rest of the soup ingredients – cauliflower, green beans, canned diced tomatoes, broth and Italian seasoning. This Beef Barley Soup is an easy, hearty dinner idea that is loaded with tender chunks of beef, barley and vegetables. It's a healthy meal that is perfect for making ahead for a busy week! With fall coming and school back in session (or getting close!), we're loving all the cozy, healthy soups!