Recipe: Delicious Herbed Tomato Vegetable Soup
Herbed Tomato Vegetable Soup. Once the soup comes to a boil, lower the heat and add the salt, basil, thyme, bay leaf, and pepper. Vegetable soup based on chicken broth can vary from delicate to robust, depending on the herb and spice mix you use. Try variations of onion, paprika, parsley, red pepper flakes, sesame seeds or chives to give your soup the right flavor.
We can prove it with our Herbed Tomato Vegetable Soup. In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Stir in tomato paste until blended. You can cook Herbed Tomato Vegetable Soup using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Herbed Tomato Vegetable Soup
- You need of Sweat.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 C of small diced yellow onion or leek or shallots.
- You need 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of herbes de provence.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare of Sauté.
- Prepare 1 C of diced tomatoes.
- It’s of First simmer.
- Prepare 1 C of large diced potatoes.
- It’s 1 C of oblique or thick rounds or large diced carrots.
- It’s of ~6 C water.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of vegetable stock powder or 1 to 2 vegetable boullion cubes.
- Prepare of Second Simmer.
- Prepare 1 of small crown of broccoli, florets separated, stalk peeled and large diced.
- You need 1 C of large diced or thick quarter rounds of zucchini.
- You need 1 C of chopped Italian kale.
- You need 1.5 C of or 1 can cooked cannelleni or white beans.
- You need to taste of Salt and ground black pepper.
Soup is always better when it's homemade. We can prove it with our Herbed Tomato Vegetable Soup. Herbed Tomato Vegetable Soup Feel free to add some diced celery to the aromatics and substitute or add vegetables depending on availability and season: squash and zucchini are good additions in the summer, sweet potatoes or pumpkins in the fall, turnips and cabbage in the winter, etc. How to make Herbed Tomato Soup: You'll sauté onions and fresh herbs, then add in fresh tomatoes and tomato paste.
Herbed Tomato Vegetable Soup step by step
- In a 4 quart/liter saucepan, sweat onions garlic and aromatics over medium-low heat until onions are transparent. 5-10 minutes..
- Add diced tomatoes, increase heat to medium and sauté 5 minutes until tomatoes soften..
- Add potatoes and carrots and enough water to cover by a couple inches or 5 cm. Add stock powder or bouillon and salt to taste. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add broccoli and beans. Return to simmer and cook until broccoli is just tender and beans are heated through. 5-10 minutes. Add cracked black pepper to taste..
After simmering, the soup is pureed, and then a tiny bit of sugar is added along with cream. Sensory Crafts and Activities for Kids Help kids explore their senses—sight, smell, sound, taste, and touch—with hands-on ideas that are delightfully squishy, slimy, and stretchy for play time. An interesting combination of tangy tomatoes and crunchy carrots, perked up with oregano, this Herbed Tomato, Carrot and Macaroni Soup is sure to enthrall you with its unique texture and rich flavour. This soup has a very interesting mouth-feel, because the cooked vegetable mixture is not ground smoothly to make the soup, instead it is crushed coarsely with a hand blender, so the flavours will. Spread the tomatoes out on a sheet pan with the onions and garlic cloves.