Red lentils soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Red Lentil Soup Red lentils are perfect for weeknights, or whenever you're in a hurry to get a meal on the table. Due to how they're processed, de-husked, and split before packaging, they cook up quicker than any other variety of legumes, although they are slightly lower in fiber than the larger whole varieties.
Sauté onion and garlic in oil, then stir in tomato paste, cumin and chile powder and cook a few minutes more to intensify flavor. Moroccan Red Lentil Soup is a comforting soup recipe. The warm, rich spices of cinnamon, coriander, cumin, paprika and tumeric mix together perfectly to create a flavorful soup. You can have Red lentils soup using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red lentils soup
- You need 200 gr of Red lentils.
- It’s 4 of small Chopped Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- It’s 1 tsp of dry mix broth.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 leaves of laurel.
- You need 1 tsp of curcumin.
Today I write this post with a heavy heart because of what happened in Boston on Monday. Red lentils, faster-cooking than other varieties of the legume, are the foundation of this earthy, rustic soup. Light but satisfying, it's a wonderful (and easy) start to an autumn meal. I used red lentils for the first time in a recipe I tagged in one of the games and loved them.
Red lentils soup step by step
- Gather the ingredients and boil in a small pot water for the dry mix of broth. In a medium heat for 3 min..
- Cut the onion and tomatoes..
- Leave tomatoes in a side and cook the onions with a tbsp of broth and the olive oil in medium heat..
- Add the tomatoes and the laurel and cook it till the tomatoes are half cooked. In medium to high heat..
- Then put the lentils, the rest of broth, curcumin, salt and pepper and cook it in medium heat for 10 min. Check if they are cooked depends the kind of lentils. If need more add some broth and keep it in the heat till it's done..
- When they are cooked close the heat and serve. You can add bit of dry chilli to spice up the taste. Enjoy!.
So I started looking around for other recipes. I found quite a few recipes, and inspired by them, created this soup, using ingredients that I normally have at home. Red Lentil Soup with Spinach is a delicious, Middle Eastern inspired Lentil Soup, made with red lentils, turmeric, spinach, carrots and lemon. It's golden in color, and very easy to make and leftovers are freezer-friendly. This red lentil soup is one of my all-time favorite dinners.