How to Make Tasty Creamy White Bean Soup
Creamy White Bean Soup. In blender at low speed, blend remaining soup in small batches until smooth, (it helps to remove the center piece of the blender lid to allow steam to escape.) Once blended pour soup back into stock pot and stir in reserved beans. Take half of soup and blend in blender until smooth. Return soup to bean mixture in pan and stir.
Creamy, starchy, and filling, this hearty, rustic Creamy White Bean Soup with Smoked Ham Hocks is the epitome of comfort. And convenient: Beans go in Pour soup into bowl and garnish with toasted capers, lemon, basil, parsley and a drizzle of olive oil. How to make the soup extra creamy. You can cook Creamy White Bean Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy White Bean Soup
- You need 4 slices of uncooked thick sliced bacon.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery, diced.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots, peeled and diced.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 3 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of half and half (or heavy cream).
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each salt, dried rosemary.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of each dried thyme, pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 2 of packed cups roughly torn kale.
There are two things you must do to ensure an extra creamy texture for this white bean soup. Creamy vegan white bean soup with potatoes, and healthy vegetables. This vegetarian chowder is the perfect light weeknight dinner, side dish or entrée with wholesome ingredients. The recipe is meat-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and easy to make.
Creamy White Bean Soup instructions
- Start by dicing up the bacon. The easiest way to do this is to pop the slices in the freezer for 20-30 minutes, until it firms up, then take it out and snip it with some sharp kitchen shears. Hands down, this is the easiest way to cut up raw bacon..
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook the chopped bacon until it is browned and crispy. Then remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to a towel lined plate, but leave about 1 tbsp. of the drippings in the pot. Add the celery, onion and carrot to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften up, about 5 or so minutes. Then add the garlic and cook another minute or so, until fragrant..
- Add the drained beans, broth, cream and seasonings to the pot and give it all a good stir. Let it come up to a low boil. Then reduce the heat down a bit and let everything simmer for about 20 or so minutes. At this point, taste it and add any additional seasonings that you think it needs..
- Remove the pot from the heat and use an immersion blender to give the soup a couple of quick blitzes, until it's your desired consistency. Or you could just blend half the soup in a blender, then stir it back in. Then immediately stir in the parmesan cheese, the cooked bacon and the kale. Once the greens wilt into the soup, you're ready to serve..
Being in somewhat of a soup mood the last couple of weeks, I thought a recipe with white beans as the star of the show was the way to go. I grabbed some bacon, shallots, and chicken stock and I was on my way to making a fantastic white bean soup. I added just the slightest bit of heavy cream to give it a rich and creamy texture. The following beans all work well in this Tuscan White Bean Soup: Navy Beans (Pea Beans) – these are small, oval-shaped beans with a creamy texture. Great Northern Beans – larger in size than navy beans, great northern beans have a mild nutty flavor and a creamy texture.