How to Cook Delicious Minestrone Soup
Minestrone Soup. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. A huge success with the family and guests. Add more tomato paste for a thicker, more stewlike minestrone.
It was also a big hit with the rest of the family." – ludacarol. Best Italian Sausage Soup "Italian vegetable soups (minestrone) lend themselves well to preparing with, and making use of, whatever you have on hand. Tomatoes, carrots, onion, and celery are usually included, with other vegetables added at the cook's discretion. You can have Minestrone Soup using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Minestrone Soup
- It’s 1 box of vegetable stock.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes with juice.
- It’s 1/2 can of garbanzo beans.
- It’s 1/2 can of red kidney beans.
- You need 1/2 of diced onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of corn.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of green beans.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of shell pasta.
- Prepare of Parmesan and basil leaves for garnish.
Pancetta (optional) – since minestrone is a vegetable soup it's a perfect meal for lent. So pancetta, guanciale or lard cut in cubes is completely optional, but it gives an incredible rich, intense flavor to the veggies as if they were cooked in meat stock (which by the way is also an option). Wholesome, hearty & flexible "This hearty and nutritious minestrone soup is brilliant at embracing what you've got in your fridge. We make it every month and all the kids love it – it's one of the dishes where they always go in for seconds.
Minestrone Soup instructions
- Seriously just throw everything but the pasta in a pot and boil.
- Add pasta shells.
- As soon as the pasta is tender your soup is ready.
It's super-easy to tweak according to the vegetables you have in the house. Add the onion, carrot, and celery. Add the garlic and cook a minute more. My minestrone soup is loaded with good for you veggies, like spinach and zucchini. It's also protein packed with red kidney beans and great northern beans.