How to Prepare Yummy Vegetable Soup
Vegetable Soup. Try Our Vegetarian Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About Today. In a large stock pot, combine broth, tomato juice, water, potatoes, carrots, celery, undrained chopped tomatoes, green beans, and corn. This Vegetable Soup has become one of my most popular soup recipes and for good reason!
Chef John's Gazpacho, American French Onion Soup, Spicy Chipotle Sweet Potato Soup, Russian Mushroom and Potato Soup, Sweet Potato, Carrot, Apple, and Red Lentil Soup This crockpot soup is more of a hearty and filling stew than just another vegetable soup. Filled with potatoes, green split peas, carrots, celery, and plenty of spices, one bowl of this stew is low in calories but high in fiber, and the perfect weeknight dinner served with bread and a salad. In a stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute carrots, onions, celery and green pepper until crisp-tender. You can cook Vegetable Soup using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetable Soup
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- It’s 3 cups of potato pieces.
- Prepare 2 cups of baby carrots sliced in half.
- You need 3 cups of sliced yellow Crook-necked squash.
- You need 1 quart of water.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2-1/2 cups of chopped cabbage.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s To taste of red wine vinegar or vinegar hot sauce optional.
- Prepare To taste of grated Parmesan cheese optional.
Heat the olive oil in large, heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium-low heat. The great thing about homemade vegetable soup is that you can customize it to suit your taste but also to use up any and every vegetable you have in the kitchen. Adding the asparagus at this stage of cooking, before adding any vegetable or chicken broth, ensures it gets nice and tender while caramelizing a bit. Vegetable Soup Recipes Satisfy your healthy diet with these great vegetable soup recipes, including split pea soup, chicken vegetable soup, beef vegetable soup, mixed vegetable soup and more.
Vegetable Soup instructions
- The potato pieces were the parts I cut away from my chateau potatoes. Slice the carrots, slice the squash, and chop the cabbage. Add to a pot with the water and salt..
- Boil the vegetables for 30-40 minutes. Add water if necessary. This is where the butter is added. Simmer 15 minutes covered. Serve add red wine vinegar/ hotsauce, if you desire. Add cheese if using. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Once the oil is shimmering, add the chopped onion, carrot, celery, seasonal vegetables and ½ teaspoon of the salt. Heat oil in a large dutch oven over medium-low heat. The soup also freezes well, put some containers of soup in the freezer for a rainy day! This easy homemade vegetable soup is a good one! Add it to your regular rotation.