Recipe: Yummy Chicken & Jasmine Rice Soup with Extra Garlic
Chicken & Jasmine Rice Soup with Extra Garlic. Chicken Recipes Find recipes for fried chicken, chicken breast, grilled chicken, chicken wings, and more! This super speedy version is perfect for an easy, awesome weeknight meal. The chicken (Gallus gallus domesticus) is a type of domesticated fowl, a subspecies of the red junglefowl (Gallus gallus).
Jazz up this supper staple with flavorful recipes for roasted, baked, and fried chicken as well as chicken casserole, soup, salad, wings, pasta and more. Choose your KFC chicken: original recipe, extra crispy, Kentucky grilled chicken, extra crispy tenders, hot wings and popcorn nuggets. Go international with Chicken Shawarma, or stick with more traditional flavors in dishes like Chicken and Broccoli Casserole or Chicken Potpie. You can have Chicken & Jasmine Rice Soup with Extra Garlic using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken & Jasmine Rice Soup with Extra Garlic
- Prepare 1 Tablespoons of olive or vegetable oil.
- Prepare 3-4 of medium carrots peeled and cut into roughly 1/4" thick discs.
- It’s 1 of medium white or yellow onion, peeled and chopped.
- You need 1-2 of large stems of celery (depending on how much you like celery flavor), chopped.
- Prepare of the white part of one leek, well washed and julienned.
- You need 8-10 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of thyme.
- Prepare 2.5 pounds of bone-in chicken pieces, skin removed (you'll want at least half dark meat for fat and flavor).
- It’s 10 cups of water.
- It’s 1.5 Tablespoons of salt to start.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 cup of uncooked Jasmine rice.
Kid-friendly favorites like BBQ Chicken Pizza are included, or keep it fancy for a date night in with Chicken Scaloppine with Broccoli Rabe. Chock-full of chicken, potatoes, peas and corn, this recipe makes two golden pies, so you can serve one at supper and save the other for a busy night. This is the best chicken potpie recipe to have on hand when company comes over. —Karen Johnson, Bakersfield, California Need a new go-to dinner? These quick chicken dinners recipes are perfect for a stress-free weeknight meal, and make enough so that you can have leftovers for lunch.
Chicken & Jasmine Rice Soup with Extra Garlic step by step
- In a large pot, heat the oil to medium high. Add carrots, onions, celery, leeks, and garlic, and sauté about 4 minutes, or until onions begin to turn translucent..
- Add thyme, bay leaves, chicken, and water..
- Add salt and parsley and give it a few gentle stirs..
- Turn heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- After 20 minutes, add Jasmine rice, turn heat to medium low and simmer, covered, for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. If seasoning is to your liking, you can turn off the heat. If you need to adjust seasoning, adjust then simmer for another 5 minutes..
- That's it! Enjoy (and feel better!). :).
Browse simple recipes from the expert chefs at Food Network for creative twists on everyone's favorite hearty chicken casserole. Chicken thighs make an easy and inexpensive dinner. Find recipes for baked, grilled, or even slow cooked chicken thighs, perfect for any night of the week. Chicken definition is – the common domestic fowl (Gallus gallus) especially when young; also : its flesh used as food. How to use chicken in a sentence.