Recipe: Appetizing Roasted Vegetable Soup
Roasted Vegetable Soup. Add broth, beans, peas, vinegar, seasonings and roasted vegetables. Add the zucchini, yellow squash, onion and bell peppers to a large mixing bowl and toss with the olive oil, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic until coated. Roasted vegetables have a sweet, smoky flavor.
This delicious, vegetable-filled broth can be served by itself or used as a base for other soups. This recipe oven-roasts the vegetables before adding to the soup liquid, enhancing their flavor. Place the vegetables and garlic in a roasting tin. You can cook Roasted Vegetable Soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted Vegetable Soup
- You need 1 pound of tiny baby carrots.
- It’s 4 cups of chopped celery or sub with fennel.
- You need 2 cups of whole kernel corn.
- You need 1 of large turnip root.
- It’s 2 of medium sized Yukon gold potatoes.
- It’s 1 pound of Enokitake or Enoki mushrooms.
- You need 1/2 of large onion.
- It’s 1 quart of vegetable juice drink like V-8.
- Prepare As needed of salt.
- You need As needed of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need To taste of ground black pepper.
Mix the oil with the herbs and seasoning, and the lemon juice if using. It's filling, healthy, family-friendly, and can be made from scratch in less than one hour! Toss the vegetables with the olive oil until they're nicely coated and add the rosemary. The veg should now be cooked, slightly caramelised and almost chewy, with a much more intense and mellow flavour.
Roasted Vegetable Soup instructions
- Preheat oven 400°Fahrenheit I used convection setting. Chop the turnip. And potatoes..
- Chop the celery leaves and all. Add the corn with the rest of the vegetables to a bowl. Coat everything with the olive oil. Spread on a baking sheet with parchment paper and season with salt. Put into the oven for 40 minutes..
- Take out of the oven let rest 10 minutes. Carefully pick up the sides of the parchment paper and pour into a pot. No trim the mushrooms. Mainly the root end..
- When trimmed add to the soup with the vegetable drink.
- Slow simmer covered for 40 minutes..
Rather than throwing all the vegetables in the pot I roasted them first. Every vegetable in this winter root vegetable soup is roasted (including the onion and garlic), which makes it a very uncomplicated, practical sort of dish. Start by coating the veggies in the oil and seasoning and roasting for about. When completely done, roasted vegetables are very tender, browned and slightly shriveled. When roasting the vegetables, double the amount.